Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ Scope problems

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

As some of you know I picked up my brand new CZ 452 .22 LR the other day. I took it out today to test it out. The guy in the shop had set up the scope for me. I set up a target at 25 Yards and fired a shot, surprisingly it was 5.5" low and 2" to the right. I took another shot, it was 10mm from the first shot. I removed the top cap to adjust the scope, no more adjustment:eek: So I had a good look at the scope only to find the front end was in contact with the rear sight irons:mad: It was at this stage that I recalled the guy in the shop trying (and failing) to remove the said irons with a pin punch and hammer. The Moral here is ask more questions and if you think someone is being ham fisted say so. BTW the rear sight irons are held in place by spring tension so to remove them press down firmly and pust the irons back towords the bolt. I will have another go at zeroing the scope tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

The scope touching the metal sights is not acceptable, full stop.

You'll either have to remove rear sight or get higher mounts. Dealer is very shoddy for not doing either one or the other !

I had a Simmons scope recently and had same problem with elevation. Ended up using high mounts and even had to shim them to get enough elevation to zero the scope. It ended up too high off the stock and I bought another scope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Thanks Bunny Shooter, I forgot to say that I removed the rear sights this evening. I will be having a word with the dealer about his lack of product knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

another trick if you run out of adjustment is put the negative of a camera film either under to raise it up ,on the left to push it right or right to go leftnever put to much incase u affect the scope,i only ever saw it done once and it worked perfect,id name and shame the shop owner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Great, I suppose you'll be running back there for your next purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Great, I suppose you'll be running back there for your next purchase...

eah, no, I wont buy a gun from him again. Ammo & gear yes. There is ham fisted and theres guntering, he hit a 10 on the guntering scale. I got the scope zeroed in today so happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

macnab wrote: »
    eah, no, I wont buy a gun from him again. Ammo & gear yes. There is ham fisted and theres guntering, he hit a 10 on the guntering scale. I got the scope zeroed in today so happy days.

well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

id name and shame the shop owner

I don't think you can do that. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055171178

Advertisement