Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather Interior

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Where is a good site/place to get leather interior, preferably cream or black, for a car.. mine is a 99 Alfa 156 but I don't mind if the seats are Alfa or not, just can't find any damn interiors anywhere....

also, where would install the seats? in cork area but any recommendations will do. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

having recently upgraded to a leather interior myself been looking for said interior for a long time you have a few options

Re trim

pro's: leather will be mint and of a better quality than most factory fitted leather,you can also custom it with colurs stitching etc

Cons:very pricy for a decent job and your car will be off the road for at least a week.

Aftermarket seats

Not very "stylish" as most aftermarket seats tend to be the stripped down boy racer type i.e like cobra etc,you can buy after market recaros but it will normally mean changing the subframes/runners on your car to suit - these are welded to the car floorpan!

Best option and the road i went down is simply scour ebay/piston heads etc for a mint leather interior from a higher specced version of your own car.

As for fitting them im not sure about the alfas but ive fitted my own golf seats - it was a piece of cake to do,also retro fitted heated seats while i was at it as the new seats i got were heated mmmmmm! :)

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

tossy wrote: »
    having recently upgraded to a leather interior myself been looking for said interior for a long time you have a few options

Re trim

pro's: leather will be mint and of a better quality than most factory fitted leather,you can also custom it with colurs stitching etc

Cons:very pricy for a decent job and your car will be off the road for at least a week.

How pricy is very pricy? And where would do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cartronics in Santry Hall are the best I've seen. €2,500 should cover it. (pardon the pun)

If you've got that kind of money to spend, you're better off coming up a few years to another 156 that already has leather and a few more extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Yes you are looking at spending at least 2,500 - 3k for that money you might as well trade up,on the other hand you should get a decent interior from a higher spec alfa for around a grand though.

Advertisement