Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2008 Championship

Options
  • 22-11-2007 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

May be a tad early for this but nonetheless, the prices as they are of tonight;

Euro 2008
    Germany 9/2
    Italy 5/1
    France 6/1
    Spain 13/2
    Holland 8/1
    Portugal 10/1
    Croatia 16/1
    Czech Rep 16/1
    Switzerland 20/1
    Russia 25/1
    Sweden 25/1
    Romania 25/1
    Turkey 33/1
    Greece 33/1
    Poland 40/1
    Austria 66/1

Courtesy of Patrick Power Dot Com. Having read through the list of nations I'm gonna get me arse of the fence and stick it on Spain e/w (i.e. To reach the final @13/2).

And Germany favourites? Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Portugal seem like a decent price. I'm gonna have an E/W on Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

France 6/1 is a decent price can't see England there, oh yeah that's right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Watched poland against belgium on Eurosport 2-0 ,they look a good strong side and worth an outside bet at 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

BoyleSports.

Selection Price
    Germany 9/2
    Italy 5/1
    France 7/1
    Spain 15/2
    Holland 9/1
    Portugal 9/1
    Croatia 14/1
    Czech Republic 16/1
    Switzerland 22/1
    Greece 25/1
    Russia 28/1
    Romania 28/1
    Sweden 33/1
    Turkey 40/1
    Poland 50/1
    Austria 80/1

Poland,Spain & France (which people have mentioned) all bigger prices with Boyles than Powers.

Croats surely much too small as bookies overreact to last nights result. I reckon they'll be 25/1 come the start next June.

Turkey (who had to play all their home qualifiers on neutral grounds) and Sweden (always seem to make it out of the group stages) would strike me as overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm gonna have an E/W on Croatia.

Ditto. Great price, good team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Ditto. Great price, good team.

This is the same team that lost to Macedonia 2-0 on Saturday?! A win over England doesnt mean anything esecially the way England are playing! Dont get me wrong, they have some very good players (Modric is unreal and can see why hes valued at 30m) but cant seem them contesting the business end of the competition....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Romania look great e.w. value at 28/1. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

lolkelly wrote: »
    This is the same team that lost to Macedonia 2-0 on Saturday?! A win over England doesnt mean anything esecially the way England are playing! Dont get me wrong, they have some very good players (Modric is unreal and can see why hes valued at 30m) but cant seem them contesting the business end of the competition....

They won 9 out of 12 qualifying matches and only one team finished with more points than them? They're hardly a poor outfit are they???

I'm sure they weren't too bothered vs Macedonia as they had already qualifed in top spot at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barrymufc7

I would have to favour holland for euro 2008 but i also think chech rep have an outside chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

They won 9 out of 12 qualifying matches and only one team finished with more points than them? They're hardly a poor outfit are they???

I'm sure they weren't too bothered vs Macedonia as they had already qualifed in top spot at that point.

Actually youre wrong there. The match was at the same time Russia played Israel. If Russia had beaten Israel, an England win against Croatia in the last game would have seen Russia and England go through. Israel, Russia and England are all ok sides but nothing special!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll be waiting to see the oul groups when they get drawn next Sunday or the one after (whichever it is).

But if i forgot about the groups and trusted my selection to get through any offering then i'd have to go with the World Champs. They should be there or there abouts.

Looking to the outsiders i might go with a repeat from Greece! They had a great qualifying campaign and the team hasn't chnaged that much.

Perhaps also the Swiss! On their own turf (well half of the tournie anyway). They could spring a few surprises with home support if their possible route involves them playing their games in Switzerland. Plus the host always makes a fair go of it and i don't see the poor Austrians keeping up the tradition that's for sure.

Advertisement