Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

problem with my astra

Options
  • 22-11-2007 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

hi there, just a little help with my 99 astra to be exact,so i sit into it turn the key to start and it tries to start but doesnt click on.car wont go.

i thought the battery may have been empty however after hooking it up to another cars battery nothing happened

i asked my friends and they say either its the sparkplugs or starter itself

are they correct or am i missing something obvious?

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Yeah sounds like its the starter motor. The ignition switch on that model Astra did give trouble. This meant it held the starter in the engaged position even after you let go of the key.

If you do get the starter diagnosed as the fault make sure they change the ignition switch. Its an easy job, not too expensive but if you dont you have to dig deep into your pockets for another starter motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Had a similiar problem with my 1999 Astra.

What happened me was I dropped my keys on the ground and it broke apart, I put it together ok but didnt realise that the immobilser chip was missing so when I started the car, it didnt go.

Log into www.astra-sport.co.uk and they ll give you an answer, some rel good Astra experts there in there tech forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

cheers guys!

Advertisement