Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veterans

• 22-11-2007 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Any Saving Private Ryan Vets here ? I was in 'N' Platoon.

What an experience. And we got paid. Anyone remember Cpl. McIntosh and how to die ? The big explosion and "lads ye're supposed to be moving". The food, wasn't it something else, a credit to the armies catering abilities. The large marquees that was home, a sheet of ply was your space. The PA's marching those twats up and down the stones in their jocks in their bare feet, gosh that must have hurt, cause they wouldn't shut up. The shock when we realised the rifles were rubber. When we dragged our PDF cadre CPL into the ocean when he laughed at us cause we were wet. The makeup girls and what they could do to ya. the bottles of fake blood. We knew it was a film set, but, there were times when I was actually frightened ! The real deal must have been terrible.

Come on anyone out there ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

I wasn't in Saving Private Ryan but my son was. He was also in Brave Heart and Michael Collins.

My uncle was in "McKenzies Break", filmed down in and around the Glen of Imaal and bits in Scotland. He didn't get paid a bob................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

Feck that ... Any other real men in ere, that wore kilts in Braveheart!!

Battle Of Stirling ... Back of Curragh Camp!! Some where fortunate to stay in Mc Donagh Bks the rest of us poor souls had to commute by bus from Mc Gee Bks Kildare!!

Good auld days ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

Any Saving Private Ryan Vets here ? I was in 'N' Platoon.
    Come on anyone out there ?

I think - going on memory - 'G' platoon. We were from Wicklow, but a bunch of us got separated off in with a crowd from IIRC Tipperary.

In Braveheart - 'D' platoon. What a c*nt Mel Gibson was.

Advertisement