Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projectors and Light gun games

Options
  • 22-11-2007 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Believe it or not, a quick 10 mins Googling can't answer this conclusively, so I'd like to hear from someone in here who's tried and tested it : PS1 or PS2 Light gun games (say Point Blank or Time Crisis on PS1 with a G-Con), do they work with a LCD or DLP projector and a roll-up screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

hey ambro :)

I've tried my dreamcast with my samsung LCD, can't play house of the dead 2 :(

Apparently its to do with reflections ??? and LCDs have barely any reflection from them, and likewise presentation screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Normal lightguns don't work on LCDs or projectors, so the one you already have wouldn't work. However .... I haven't tried it myself, but check this out:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-77-d-49-en-15-light+gun-70-16s7.html

"LCD TopGun is the first light gun to support CRT, LCD, Plasma, as well as Projector. It supports every Gun Shooting games on PC, PS2™ and Xbox™. Now you can enjoy Gun Shooting games with your LCD or Plasma or everything you like, instead of your old and small CRT TV."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Not LCD TVs, ondafly, LCD (or DLP) projectors :)

E.g.dell-2200mp-lcd-projector-review.jpg

Thx for info koneko. I have a Hitachi CPX 950, so was thinking of picking up a cheap PS1 and Namco G-Con for some quality Point Blank / Time Crisis time... not much point by the sound of it :(

(shamed to say I still haven't tried my Wii with it either :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nope :(
    You could check Ebay for that same TopGun lightgun, but I doubt it'd be much cheaper than it is on Play-Asia unfortunately.

Still, if you've got a Wii, you can get Resi Evil Umbrella Chronicles at the end of the month ;)

koneko wrote: »
    Still, if you've got a Wii, you can get Resi Evil Umbrella Chronicles at the end of the month ;)

Have had Resi4 Wii for at least 3 months now, still not had time to pop it in the Wii even once yet, so... :( (old fogy's advice: don't grow up, else play time's forever shrinking into nothingness :D)

Now... SMGalaxy/Wii MKart on 6ft²... mmm :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Hi,

What games are available for the PC, that can be used with the LCD Gun?

Thanks

K

A lot of Mame stuff (look it up), but it's rather involved :)

Advertisement