Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car do I need to attract a girl?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

CBG have been giving tips on the radio about what car I shouldn't have e.g.:

Lamborghini - Small, Loud & Attention seeking
    Ferrari - What is he compensating for?
    Banger - slipped out the back door - a girl has to have her standards!

Can anyone give advice on what car I should get, or if there are any others I should avoid?

(Well-meaning sociologists please don't reply)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

blackbox wrote: »

The Ferrari owner is probably compensating for the fact he's got a huge wallet!

Anyway - the best car for you is called a Life, you should go out and get one.

Buy your car to impress yourself - not women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I dont think i've ever met a girl that said 'oh my god, look at his car, he's so hot'

95% of girls do not care if your car has 3 wheels or 4. As long as it doesn't smell on the inside!!

but if i was you, one of these would do the trick;
    maserati_gransport_geneva.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd get with you if you had a lamborghini ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Forget what the eejits above have been saying. Everyone normal knows that if you want to attract the ladies you get an Austin Princess.
    G'sssss some people give such bad advice, like that lot above. I hope I've helped and that you get the girl of your dreams. No doubt with that car you will do!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Only motorbikes attract real women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

CBG have been giving tips on the radio about what car I shouldn't have e.g.:

Can anyone give advice on what car I should get, or if there are any others I should avoid?

(Well-meaning sociologists please don't reply)

............mine !

But I'm not selling !!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

RobAMerc wrote: »
    The Ferrari owner is probably compensating for the fact he's got a huge wallet!

Anyway - the best car for you is called a Life, you should go out and get one.

Buy your car to impress yourself - not women.
    Hey Robamerc, I like the wallet bit, but you need to lighten up! I've been attractive to myself for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Well I've noticed that girls like Nissan Micras and Ford Kas, maybe you should try one of those? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

If you need a car to attract women then give up, Anytime I go out with my mates and we were after meeting some very nice girls and were going on somewhere else we would always find a car that was a heap of crap and walk up to it and have the keys in your hand pretending it was your car and you should have seen the expressions on their faces, but they could not have cared less what kind of car it was. You make all the first impressions in the pub/club not out in the car park unless you are kerb crawling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I think if you're looking to impress a woman, get a red car.

Or a blue one.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

faceman wrote: »
    Only motorbikes attract real women

Well, I've had about 12 bikes in the last 10 years, and the only women I seemed to attract were the hairy, rough type. There was 1 stunner alright, but only one.

TBH OP, there's few cars that'll impress the ladies. They generally have no interest in specification, horsepower, or alloy size. From observation though, an old Mini which is in pristine condition always turns heads, or something just that little bit different to all the Focuses (Foci?) and the ilk that are out there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Get a Hi-Ace and stick a mattress in the back .. the girls LOVE that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Pmsl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

I have to admit I take a little offence to the above threads. I'm 23 and I think I would know more about cars than the average woman. The thinking woman's boyfriend's car has to be a saab 93 convertible. In black. Cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Girls will be impressed that you have a car.
    Women will be impressed by something understated and classy.
    Bitches will look for something flash.

I'd be impressed if you had that Maserati; [Evil-rohypnol car theif]wanna date?[/Evil-rohypnol car theif]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The only thing worth considering if that's your criteria is a two seater classic convertible. They'll love the whole chique effect. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

SMM wrote: »
    I have to admit I take a little offence to the above threads. I'm 23 and I think I would know more about cars than the average woman. The thinking woman's boyfriend's car has to be a saab 93 convertible. In black. Cool :cool:

.............the OP is looking for girls, I doubt he is prepared to change his profession to hairdresssing just to get one ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hey Robamerc, I like the wallet bit, but you need to lighten up! I've been attractive to myself for too long!

Fair enough I might have been a bit harsh - but it pi**es me off in this country that some people think the only reason to have a nice car is to impress other people - I buy my cars because they impress me and I'm the only one who counts.

Sorry to rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

lads lads lads you're all wrong, the only car that will impress women if you show up in it, is this:

Batmobile(01).jpg

batsuit and cape are optional extras :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's all well and good Siralfalot, but it's no use to the OP if the seats don't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That's all well and good Siralfalot, but it's no use to the OP if the seats don't go back.

and the lack of a passenger seat? :D

to be honest the only age bracket of the female species that would be attracted to a fella just because of his car is the 16 - 18 bracket i think and they just want a fella with a car to bring them shopping :D

either that or the worthless type that are out to get a man just for money :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Lamborghini any day.I love them

cormie wrote: »
    I'd get with you if you had a lamborghini ;)
    I might be able to afford this one...
    Lambo.jpg

Does it work for you?????

siralfalot wrote: »
    lads lads lads you're all wrong, the only car that will impress women if you show up in it, is this:

batsuit and cape are optional extras :D
    I already have a batsuit & cape...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The only women that will look at your car before you, are the ones that will empty your wallet after they've emptied your scrotum. I like having my scrotum emptied as much as the next man, but my wallet wouldn't refill itself afterwards.

Real women will think you're a wanker if you buy a car to try attract them.

seamus wrote: »
    The only women that will look at your car before you, are the ones that will empty your wallet after they've emptied your scrotum. I like having my scrotum emptied as much as the next man, but my wallet wouldn't refill itself afterwards.

Real women will think you're a wanker if you buy a car to try attract them.
    Seamus,

Are you sure that you're not a sociologist?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Last time I checked. Haven't been to the doctor in a while though...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

drdre wrote: »
    Lamborghini any day.I love them

Maybe the Lambo's not such a good choice after all. (Man magnet?:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

only type of cars that girls like are girls cars that guys dont drive because they think they will look gay. ie vw beetle(girlfriend mad for one :rolleyes:) nissan micra convertible, hyundai coupe girls mostly drive them. etc

Advertisement