Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Yesterday while driving out of my house. I scratched the side of my car of the wall outside my house:mad:. The scratch measures 8inches by 8 inches. How much do you think it would cost to get it fixed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Where did it hit? front door, back door, quarter panel, just paint or did it dint? what car?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kefflin

It was the back door, its just a scratch no dint. the car is a 02 renaualt megane saloon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Couple of hundred for a back door respray... get it done professionally tho, it wont look the same as the rest of the car if you get it done on the cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

You could try T-Cut first ?
    Should take it out or at least make it less noticable as long as its not down to the metal

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Send me on a pic of it and i'll be able to tell you if a good polish could make it look any better. If you're around Dublin i can come and have a look at if for you.

If it needs to be sprayed, as said above, a couple of hundred. Typically with bodyshops, you get what you pay for. Cheaper jobs often tend to be a waste of money...

• Advertisement
Advertisement