Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 3 wireless problem?? Help appreciated.

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

I'm no techno wizz so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I got the "3" wireless connection last week and so far so good, it seems to be working fine,I've even recommended it to a friend.
    The only problem seems to be that when I try to recieve e-mail,it gives me an error message, server not found or something similar!
    Do I have to change settings on outlook or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I haven't really been keeping up with the 3 problems, but I do know there's some issue with them blocking SMTP (email) access. AFAIK, it doesn't work and won't work any time soon. Details are in the (really big) 3 Problems thread at the top, though it could be hard to find details of this particular problem as there are thousands of posts in it now.

Do yourself a favour though, get rid of it before the 14 day trial is up. It won't be long before you're banging your head against the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Try here http://three.ie/pdf/smtp_client_settings_v1.pdf. What kind of speeds are you getting from this already oversubscibed service?

Advertisement