Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That's Nasty ....

• 22-11-2007 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

The Nasty Boys (Jerry Saggs and Brian Knobbs) worked their first match for WWE in years in a dark match at the Smackdown taping last night. The match was said to be a total disaster.

The Nasty Boys apparently treated the dark match as if they were major stars who just returned. They took too long getting into the ring when they came out because they kept interacting with their friends and family seated at ringside. Knobbs got in the ring with his back to the hard camera while Saggs came in and stood right next to opponents Drew McIntye and Dave Taylor, making them look stupid.

During the match, the Nastys were stiff with McIntye who is only 21 and new to the main roster. He took the abuse for awhile but eventually started giving out his own stiff shots to the Nastys. The Nastys even worked stiff with Dave Taylor even though he is a respected veteran.

Some blamed the Nastys match taking so long for screwing up the entire Smackdown taping, causing it to end at 9:54PM ET and giving WWE just six minutes to change the ring and set for ECW On Sci-Fi.

Credit: PWinsider.com (but copied from 411mania)

Didn't even know the nasty boys were still wrestling ... last time I saw one of them was on hogan knows best, and whichever one of them it was was using a cane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Brian Knobbs is Hogan's mate. They're probably just snapping them up before TNA could have a Nasty Boys vs. Team 3D shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My God, how far past their best are they? 10 years? And I use the term best very very lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good to see Drew Galloway at least stand up for himself. Did the Nasty Boys ever have a decent match that didn't involve the Hart Foundation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

flahavaj wrote: »
    Good to see Drew Galloway at least stand up for himself. Did the Nasty Boys ever have a decent match that didn't involve the Hart Foundation?

They feuded with The Rockers too didn't they?

The Rockers made everybody look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the only reason i can see that vince would sign up the nasties is so that hogan would come along later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I loved the Nasty's. Loved their match with the Hart Foundation at Wrestlemania 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jerry Sags isn't in terrible shape and Brian's profile has certainly been raised by Hogan Know's Best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Nasty Boys are apparently quite tight with Shawn Michaels. In his book he describes how they came to his house for his wedding and at one point went into his Dad's room and started jumping on the bed to wake him up.

They seem to be total nutjobs.

The Nasty Boys are apparently quite tight with Shawn Michaels. In his book he describes how they came to his house for his wedding and at one point went into his Dad's room and started jumping on the bed to wake him up.

They seem to be total nutjobs.

Bret Hart said one of the first people to call him after his stroke was one one of the Nasty's.

So that means they've made friends with Michaels, Hogan and Bret Hart. They aren't that stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

I loved the Nasty's. Loved their match with the Hart Foundation at Wrestlemania 8.

Didnt the Hitman have a I.C match with the hot rod at 8? Anyone see the Marty Janetty shoot interview where he mentions the nastys and the rockers urinated on Elvis grave? Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Here are vids of one of their matches against Rockers from MSG Classics.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Didnt the Hitman have a I.C match with the hot rod at 8? Anyone see the Marty Janetty shoot interview where he mentions the nastys and the rockers urinated on Elvis grave? Classic

Sorry I meant 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

The match still stands up pretty well today. Great theme music for the Rockers

Advertisement