Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used car inspection

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I am looking at a BMW 318 ci, I want to get it checked out before I buy it.

I was supposed to bring it to Frank Fahys for a full vehicle inspection but the guy won't let me take it as he's not very trusting, Understanding i suppose.

It's a English import and i've already performed a HPI check, everything came back clear.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic that would travel to Blanchardstown to check it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

cartell.ie offer that service - it's 300quid tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The AA offer it too. They used to do it for non-members but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

www.aaireland.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If seller won't let you take it to a garage for an inspection.......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

If seller won't let you take it to a garage for an inspection.......

What? Would you let some stranger take your car away to have it looked at? No way I would.

I'd be happy for someone to inspect a car I was selling, but at my driveway and with me standing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Get the seller to bring it to the garage fro you and you pay the fee to the garage.

Thats exactly what I did. I arranged the time and date of inspection with the garage and the seller brought it to Frank Faheys. Once the inspection was complete, the garage rang me and told me their findings and posted me the report.

If the guy wants to sell the car, then he will do this.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Get the seller to bring it to the garage fro you and you pay the fee to the garage.

Thats exactly what I did. I arranged the time and date of inspection with the garage and the seller brought it to Frank Faheys. Once the inspection was complete, the garage rang me and told me their findings and posted me the report.

If the guy wants to sell the car, then he will do this.

Mike.

That's exactly what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Thinking of buying an MGF. Can anyone recommend a mechanic who will travel to Dublin 12 to check one over?

Advertisement