Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone for homeworld 3?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

linkey: http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2007/11/11057_-_homewor.html

no official announcement, but apparently the rights to the homeworld franchise have been transfered to thq.....who also own relic who made the original homeworld.

i quite enjoyed homeworld 2 and would love to see a homeworld 3 looking all dx10 and sparkley come out in a few years...and add to that the fact that thq are doing it just makes it better.

thq as in the people who gave us dawn of war and company of heroes...two of the best rts games in years :D

i hope this isnt all just wishful thinking on my part.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this your standard rts game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I loved the Homeworld series of games and I can't wait for a sequel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

not sure what you mean? are you asking if homeworld is a standard rts?
    suppose so....

its a 3-d space rts that looked beautiful in its day.
    you mine asteroids for resources to build a fleet of fighters/bombers different types of frigates and then destroyers/battleships and research upgrades for them.
    found this gameplay vid on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XqYxL3prc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not only is it a 3-d space rts, it was the first true 3-d space rts. Homeworld was an amazing game. One of my favourite games of all time. Homeworld 2 was a good game, but it failed to live up to the first one, imo. If they do it right, maybe like they had originally planned homeworld 2, then it could be brilliant.

Graphically and Musically (is that even a word?), Homeworld stands out as one of my favourite games from the past 10 years.

Advertisement