Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating a Windows Installation disk

• 22-11-2007 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

My windows installation disk is scratched and wont work. Cd drive wont even read it. However some time back I copied all the files over to my hard drive because the cd was getting faulty.

How can I create another installation disk which will allow me to install windows? What software will allow me to do this?

Any help would be great!

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

mcirl2 wrote: »
    Hi,

My windows installation disk is scratched and wont work. Cd drive wont even read it. However some time back I copied all the files over to my hard drive because the cd was getting faulty.

How can I create another installation disk which will allow me to install windows? What software will allow me to do this?

Any help would be great!

Mike

Win XP will allow you to do this. Just open the cd/dvd writer in explorer and drag and drop, then select 'write these files to disc option'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hal1 wrote: »
    Win XP will allow you to do this. Just open the cd/dvd writer in explorer and drag and drop, then select 'write these files to disc option'.

It wouldn't be bootable though
    I'm afraid you'll need a windows xp or 2000 cd to extract the boot sector from using isobuster.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm - follow that guide from "In order to make the new CD bootable it's necessary to add the file ..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www.nliteos.com

It's normally used for creating a custom CD, but if you just point it at the folder where you copied the contents of the disk over, you can ask it to create a new bootable ISO with no options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah cool, didn't realise you could do that with just the contents of the cd with nlite... that program is constantly surprising me with useful little features

Advertisement