Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever delivered to their local store from Virgin Megastores site?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭

Was tempted to put this in BA but not specifically a Bargain Alert but not an Consumer Issue either. But this is probably safer!

Anyways.. i was on the VirginMegastores.co.uk site and i noticed there's a option on check-out to deliver to your local store. And lo-and-behold, it had a listing for my local store (Sligo).

So has anyone done this?

And is it as clear cut as you paying for the product via your credit card on the site, and then getting a receipt / reference number (or whatever.. i assume there's some reference for you to hand up at the counter in your local store) and them handing the product to you.

As i can buy it for about €90 on the UK site (about £65) and have it sent over.

But buying it in store will no doubt cost me at least €100 - €110 judging by the RRP elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I have done the same thing with schuh, collecting in O'Connell St. It's handy as if there is a problem it can also be returned to the bricks-and-mortar shop and there is no need for tracking parcels, repacking stuff, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

i've done it with schuh collecting in liffey valley...had it within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the replies lads but not really the same situation.

Schuh's price in their site in euros, whereas Virgin price in sterling.

The point of the post thread more or less to find out that if you collect it from a store after paying in sterling, do the store you delivered to have a right to charge you the price they're charging in-store for the product (in euros)?

Example, Guitar Hero III worked out at about (£65) €90 bought from Virgin online. But it's €100 in-store here.. do they have a right to charge you the extra €10 when you deliver the product to that store?

I've reposted the thread over in Bargain Alerts and as far as i know, no real clear cut answer has been confirmed

Advertisement