Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap parma ham substitute

Options
  • 22-11-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for something that can replace parma ham in a bread recipe I want to try out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

What about black forest ham?? You can usually get it in Aldi/Lidl.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest_ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leliu5th

Hi all, I'm looking for something that can replace parma ham in a bread recipe I want to try out. Any ideas?

Use proscuitto! It is Parma ham! Parma is where they make the proscuitto and various other methods of curing! I am Sicilian and was raised with cooking Sicilian...hope this helps I know it is old post!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

damn I've been waiting 3 years to make this bread, thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leliu5th

damn I've been waiting 3 years to make this bread, thanks so much!

I mentioned that I knew it was an old post! Just trying to help...it seems so silly now!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

sorano ham from spain is good too,lidl or aldi for this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

olaola wrote: »
    What about black forest ham?? You can usually get it in Aldi/Lidl.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest_ham

yeah,this is perfect,im allready sure alot of restruants are using this instead of parma,both pretty much the same!

Advertisement