Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 Games to Look Forward to in 2008

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

No Smash Bros. Brawl?
    Thats the game me and most of my friends have been waiting for for about 3 years now, I smell some anti-nintendo vibes off that article and it's testosterone pumped, sub-par FPS sequels...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

L31mr0d wrote: »
    WTF??? eh... project offset? It's one of the games i'm most looking forward to

Yah, yah, looks cool. Dark Messiah + fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Worrying lack of Wii games....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Nintendo has never been good for games.

Gamecube, lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zillah wrote: »
    Nintendo has never been good for games.

Gamecube, lol.

Which despite not having a huge amount of games had some of the finest game of last generation from nintendo. Pikmin 2, Smash Bros., Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which despite not having a huge amount of games had some of the finest game of last generation from nintendo. Pikmin 2, Smash Bros., Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 etc.

...says the mod of the nintendo forum who has mario as his avatar... biased much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Looking forward to Starcraft 2 the most myself

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it weird that only one of the games in the list will be available on the wii?

Not really seeing as most of them are yawntastic cash-cow sequels with shiny button add-ons though there a a couple which might be appealing to me.As i said in my earlier post Smash Brothers is easily the most anticipated game on Wii 'though another sequel' and it's exclusion can only be through some unknown factor to me ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

d22ontour wrote: »
    Not really seeing as most of them are yawntastic cash-cow sequels with shiny button add-ons though there a a couple which might be appealing to me.As i said in my earlier post Smash Brothers is easily the most anticipated game on Wii 'though another sequel' and it's exclusion can only be through some unknown factor to me ???

No more heroes is definitely one that should have been on the list. It's a damn sight more important to me than "EA Survival Horror... '08" or whatever they're calling it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

tman wrote: »
    No more heroes is definitely one that should have been on the list. It's a damn sight more important to me than "EA Survival Horror... '08" or whatever they're calling it...

ahye,no more heroes looks really good:D

but the problem is,what more games from Nintendo?so far we have heard very few...

forget about starcraft 2 as well!!cant wait!!but again it will be delayed i guess,Blizzard is a very ambitious company ye...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Vegeta wrote: »
    WFT is the story with Burnout games

Is there something i am seriously missing about them

I guess so... they are huge fun. Criterion has found the sweet spot when it comes to arcady handling - and the breakneck speed makes the game very satisfying to play; especially when you're in the zone, boosting constantly around some well thought out tracks that present plenty of opportunities for massive power-slides along winding roads.

Now, thanks to high definition gaming, players will (hopefully) be able to make out that those 'pixels' on the horizon are actually 'vehicles' before they're on top of your rocket car.

I just wish EA's choice of music didn't suck quite so bad. No matter, custom soundtracks for all. Huzzah!

P.s. I don't even care for the extra crash modes... just the racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Despite all others gta iv will cause more commotion than all the others. I'd say it'll outsell halo3. I've set aside 70euro for it already...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

A severe lack of Smash Bros. makes this a very disappointing list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ninja Gaiden 1 was indeed a masterpiece. The videos of Ninja Gaiden 2 just look a bit ordinary. There's just nothing special about it other than the over the top gore and looks boring compared to the original. Compare that to the awesome videos of Devil May Cry 4 on xbox live. It looks like the far more attractive game.

watched the trailer...:)i am not impressed at all,might be a good game,but seems nothing blood pumping of.maybe seems too early to say so,but we have seen this kind of visual bloody killing effect in many action games before already!

what i am looking forward on the next gen action games is ,at least,please,when you are using your very destructive weapon on enemies,wont you destroy the place as well?no damage or whatsoever happened...

hope this is not off topic cause' i dont wanna open another thread for it :pnot much action games fan here eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hmm, they seem to have ignored MMO's completely, I would have had Stargate Worlds and WAR on there.

Of the ones there, Spore and Fallout 3 I'll definitely be getting, there are a few 'wait and see', one or two 'if I happen to have money I don't know what to do with' and the rest are pretty much meh.

Advertisement