Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A wary after violence, Ronaldo poised

• 22-11-2007 2:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Link

Serie A wary after violence, Ronaldo poised

MILAN, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Italian domestic action returns this weekend for the first time since soccer violence again rocked the country.

Click here
    The shooting dead of a Lazio fan by a police officer two weeks ago prompted street riots, the postponement of two Serie A matches and the abandonment of Atalanta against AC Milan when fans tried to smash up a stadium fence.

The abandonment after seven minutes robbed Milan substitute Ronaldo the chance of making his first appearance of the season following a leg injury.

On Sunday the inconsistent European champions visit Cagliari, who reappointed former boss Nedo Sonetti last week.

"Now I am waiting to be in the squad again because I feel in the right condition to play," Ronaldo told his club.

Recent violence means many top-flight matches will be played without away supporters, while restrictions are also in place for the resumption of Serie B and C games after last weekend's matches were postponed as a mark of respect for the dead fan.

There were no Serie A matches last weekend in any case because of Italy's Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The Azzurri's progress to next year's finals after a 2-1 win in Scotland on Saturday has given the Italian game a much-needed boost but the qualifiers have also led to several injury headaches for Serie A bosses.

Champions and leaders Inter Milan host Atalanta at 1930 GMT on Saturday with doubts over defender Cristian Chivu, who missed Romania's qualifier with Albania on Wednesday with a leg injury.

Inter centre back Marco Materazzi could be pushing for a recall though after a two-month layoff with a thigh strain.

AS Roma striker Francesco Totti is a doubt with an ankle knock for the trip to Genoa earlier in the day at 1700 GMT.

Fiorentina, in second, could be without injured Romanian striker Adrian Mutu for the game at struggling Reggina on Sunday at 1400GMT.

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is suspended when his side host Palermo in the late game at 1930 GMT.

Saturday, November 24, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    17:00 UK Genoa v Roma Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Inter Milan v Atalanta Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Sunday, November 25, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Cagliari v AC Milan Stadio Sant'Elia
    14:00 UK Empoli v Torino Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Lazio v Parma Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Livorno v Sampdoria Armando Picchi
    14:00 UK Napoli v Catania Calcio Stadio San Paolo
    14:00 UK Reggina v Fiorentina Stadio Oreste Granillo
    14:00 UK Udinese v Siena Stadio Friuli
    19:30 UK Juventus v Palermo Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino

Lets hope the games can be played with out anything kicking off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

God, I miss Bravos coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Is there even live Serie A on Setanta anymore?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Me too

and no

you can watch some games on bet365.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Any pics of the new slimline Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kearnsr wrote: »
    Lets hope the games can be played with out anything kicking off
    Nice pun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gustavo wrote: »

Try the milan website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Think its only channel 5. Just moved house and now I can get it so woo hoo.. Downside is that i think its that tool Mark Chapman from BBC Radio 1 that does the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sign up for a free Bet365 account, they stream a game every Sunday, good quality too.

/shill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

gustavo wrote: »

He looks good and has got a bit of an afro going on!:D
    Saw him playing in that charity match during the week, Zidane v Ronaldo.

DesF wrote: »
    Sign up for a free Bet365 account, they stream a game every Sunday, good quality too.

/shill

Already beat you to it

• Advertisement

Inter, AC, Lazio and Roma all win.

Advertisement