Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Cinema Anyone???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

hmmmm

The ads on KFM all week are sticking with 16th December. Still, if it becomes a pikey fest like the one in Naas it is doomed to fail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

According to UCI site they open on the 16th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 XshewolfX

its opening thursday 17th!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

XshewolfX wrote: »
    its opening thursday 17th!!

not according to the UCI homepage! :confused:

http://www.uci.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

I was just down there and its not open. The place is full of builders and electricians and most things appear to be almost ready.
    Maybe they are planning to open tonight...although there was no booking office open to book tickets. I reckon it will be open tomorrow or Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm going to avoid it for a week or 2 to let the germlins get out of the system !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Frankie_Lee

Anyone know if this cinema is going to have 3D? Would certainly set it apart from Storm.

I could see them launching this week with Avatar 3D as the big draw.

Anyone know if this cinema is going to have 3D? Would certainly set it apart from Storm.

I asked the same and was told yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It seems to have 3D alright - at least according to the film listings on their new page - http://www.uci.ie/fanatic/film_times/s160/Newbridge/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yes it will have 1 3D screen I believe and Avatar in 3D seems to be the first film they're showing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I have tickets for Avatar 3D this evening at 8.45pm cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

According to the website adults at peak times are 12 euro - in Tallaght same thing is 9.80 - why is there such a price difference. Sounds like a rip of to me.

Think I'll be giving it a miss.

Rgs

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

12 quid? Bugger that.. any mention of student prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

They seem to have change there prices today to the same as Tallaght, yippee!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

it has 2 3D screens, screens 1 and 2. The other four screens are all digital with HD Quality. As for prices, i think the €12 is for a 3D screen. the 2D's are cheaper. And for an extra €1.70 you can upgrade to a Premier seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 streamy

dars a cinema up in naas dar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Any reviews yet?

aodh_rua wrote: »
    Any reviews yet?

Very good IMO, staff are a lot nicer that storm aswell and they have butter popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Havn't gone yet, but was up in Whitewater today and had a quick look around it, and not too sure what I make of it tbh:confused: Its very out in the open or something for my liking, bit too close to the actual shops and stuff. Although guess it wont matter when your'e in watching a movie.

As for prices I picked up a pricelist today;

Adult peak - €12(3D)/€9.80
    Adult o/p - €10/€7.80
    Kids - €8.70/€6.70
    Student o/p - €8.50/€6.50
    Student pk - €9/€7
    Senior pk - €8.50/€6.50

Movies AM - €8/€6

As for popcorn and stuff just had a quick look, think small popcorn was something like €5.70 with large being €6.15 (or thereabouts), large popcorn with large drink was €9.70 I believe so prices seem to much the same in that regard to storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

streamy wrote: »
    dars a cinema up in naas dar

Speak a the English? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Had a look-see the other day and enquired with staff about prices etc,all seemed nice and organised and smooth running.

Happy to see it at last and i am a frequent user of Storm in Naas but hate paying over the top for tickets and refreshments,thus i didn`t frequent the Liffey Valley one too much when i lived in Lucan for those reasons.

E28+ is a bit much for 2 Adults 1 Child these days.

I bring my own munchies when i go too:D.

No word on vouchers or special opening offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Went on Sunday mng to Avatar -€5.50 each including the premium seats - more expensive later in the day- although they are not much different to the regular seats just in a better position in the middle of the cinema

Thought the cinema was grand - no real complaints - the staff were very nice and helpful although the girl on the counter seemed to be fairly new and was quite slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

TheBazman wrote: »
    Went on Sunday mng to Avatar -€5.50 each including the premium seats - more expensive later in the day- although they are not much different to the regular seats just in a better position in the middle of the cinema

Thought the cinema was grand - no real complaints - the staff were very nice and helpful although the girl on the counter seemed to be fairly new and was quite slow.

Sounds like a good idea to head early,do they discount the parking by chance?

Gregsor wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea to head early,do they discount the parking by chance?

yeah they do if you park in the WW carpark. Ask the person who is checking the tickets as you go in or one of the ushers to validate it for you

Well i went to see Avatar there on Tuesday and was my worst experience in a cinema ever.

When we reached the car park the sign for UCI was on the right so we went to the car park on the right, which of course was the one on the oppisite end to the cinema:rolleyes:

We pre booked our tickets online to same some time and effort on the day. When we arrived the machine for printing the tickets was broken and we were told to que to collect them.

This was fine but every que for every till was out the door. Our showing was at 4.20 and we arrived just after 4. The show was sold out but they had no information up showing this and people were only finding this out when they reached the till.

One guy was in the que from 3.55 and when he reached the till at 4.25 was told it was sold out and that was that.

So no information relayed to customers queing.

Next when you get to the till customers had to pay for tickets and get them, then order food so two seperate transactions slowing things up even further.

When we got to the top of the que a girl went and got our tickets while a "staff member" got out food. This girl was honestly brainless. We asked for a couples combo she hadn't heard of it. We had to point it out to her and even when we did she over charged us and had to get someone else to sort out what she had done.

Now all this was at 4.30 when our film started at 4.20. I asked them to hurry up as we would miss the start of the film and this was just ignored.

As we got our food ( eventually ) and left the till, the brainless gombeen said....."how am i meant to know where stuff is and how much is costs"......wow i thoght you worked there:eek:

Add to this that the film was 12A and was full of 5 and 6 yr olds who talked the whole way through.

Anyway not a good experience in UCI Newbridge and i won't be rushing back of this is how the operate the cinema.

Also the games machines etc at the side will just attract the wrong crowd and a small cafe might have been a better idea.

Well i went to see Avatar there on Tuesday and was my worst experience in a cinema ever.

When we reached the car park the sign for UCI was on the right so we went to the car park on the right, which of course was the one on the oppisite end to the cinema:rolleyes:

We pre booked our tickets online to same some time and effort on the day. When we arrived the machine for printing the tickets was broken and we were told to que to collect them.

This was fine but every que for every till was out the door. Our showing was at 4.20 and we arrived just after 4. The show was sold out but they had no information up showing this and people were only finding this out when they reached the till.

One guy was in the que from 3.55 and when he reached the till at 4.25 was told it was sold out and that was that.

So no information relayed to customers queing.

Next when you get to the till customers had to pay for tickets and get them, then order food so two seperate transactions slowing things up even further.

When we got to the top of the que a girl went and got our tickets while a "staff member" got out food. This girl was honestly brainless. We asked for a couples combo she hadn't heard of it. We had to point it out to her and even when we did she over charged us and had to get someone else to sort out what she had done.

Now all this was at 4.30 when our film started at 4.20. I asked them to hurry up as we would miss the start of the film and this was just ignored.

As we got our food ( eventually ) and left the till, the brainless gombeen said....."how am i meant to know where stuff is and how much is costs"......wow i thoght you worked there:eek:

Add to this that the film was 12A and was full of 5 and 6 yr olds who talked the whole way through.

Anyway not a good experience in UCI Newbridge and i won't be rushing back of this is how the operate the cinema.

Also the games machines etc at the side will just attract the wrong crowd and a small cafe might have been a better idea.

Did you complain to management?

They couldn't find the manager even at the end of the film, but he was there somewhere if i was willing to wait...........:p

They couldn't find the manager even at the end of the film, but he was there somewhere if i was willing to wait...........:p

Did you ring them the following day to complain? If they dont get the complaints, they wont improve things. Ring early in the day as management is usually there before the cinema opens.

I intend to but haven't had time since with a sick little one in the house. I'm at work now so some freedom !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hello All, I had a similar experience when I went to see Avatar in 3D St. Stephens Niight with my wife.

One ticket machine which was broken and in line for ages to collect my tickets and no info on the boards on what was going on.

Hope they get the heating sorted to as never took of my jacket once through the whole movie. Not very cosy and the priemer seats remind me of sitting on a ryanair flight.

The toilets might as well have been outside they were so cold. I agree with the games stuff, they could have but something else more desirable there.

Won't be rushing back either. No manager in sight.

Advertisement