Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Cinema Anyone???

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

First time in UCI WW recently,
    Never again!

The Staff aside from that dreadfull Naaaaaawwwbridge accent are outright ignorant,Rude and No matters!

I asked for tickets for the Movie I wanted to see and the member of staff asked was I sure as the film isnt great,WTF?
    Does he not like being employed!

Secondly,The prices,Far more expensive I found for Snacks and Drinks towards Vue and Storm.Pop Corn is stale and if you get butter its just grease! €3.25 for a small riverrock? My God!

Thirdly,The Seats are an absolute Joke. At 6ft tall I felt like I was towering above the people in the back row due to no headrest which they have in most other cinemas.Rock hard seats and Dead upright!

Wont be back!

EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Jesus I couldn't disagree more!
    Curlz24 wrote: »
    The Staff aside from that dreadfull Naaaaaawwwbridge accent are outright ignorant,Rude and No matters!

I asked for tickets for the Movie I wanted to see and the member of staff asked was I sure as the film isnt great,WTF?

Can't really blame them for their accent, I don't find it too bad but then again being a Biffo that mightn't say much! But I always find them pleasent, a little slow maybe, but pleasent. I would think his advice came from a good place and is more silly than being rude!
    Secondly,The prices,Far more expensive I found for Snacks and Drinks towards Vue and Storm.Pop Corn is stale and if you get butter its just grease! €3.25 for a small riverrock? My God!

Def disagree with this, because of my circumstances I go to a LOT of cinemas around the country and apart from the Athlone and Tullamore cinemas, which are great value for money, the prices in Whitewater are much in line with what I pay anywhere else and are definitely cheaper than Vue in Liffey Valley and is in or around what I've paid in Swords, Coolock, Blanchardstown etc...
    Thirdly,The Seats are an absolute Joke. At 6ft tall I felt like I was towering above the people in the back row due to no headrest which they have in most other cinemas.Rock hard seats and Dead upright!

Again, disagree, I'm 6"3 and I find the seats extremely comfortable and went to watch Avatar there which is a long film and had no problems what-so-ever. I know what you mean about "feeling big" but theres enough of a gradiant so that unless the person behind you is very small, they should be able to see.

Look it's all personal opinion obviously and probably individual experience as well but I just felt I couldn't let all that be said, giving the place a bad name, without putting up my positive feelings towards the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JDfan

Beats those awful Dublin accents you hear around Newbridge these days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

First time in UCI WW recently,
    Never again!

Wont be back!

EVER

I have to say almost everything you have said there is contrary to my experiences with UCI in Newbridge. I go there quite a bit (usually a couple of times a month at least) and apart from not being the quickest I have never had any problem with the staff. They are usually very friendly and will chat away while serving you. Its not on slagging their accent; you are going to a cinema in Newbridge after all and have to expect the staff to be local. If you would prefer to hear a D4 accent then maybe Dundrum would be more to your liking.

Im not sure what the story is with the guy saying the movie isnt very good, but to be honest Im more than happy to be told that by a cinema worker. Most of the movies that plague our cinemas these days are beyond rubbish, so if someone wants to warn me against one then more power to them I say. Hes not telling you that you cant go and see it, so the choice is yours.

Prices are no different from any other cinema. All cinemas are a rip off, but lets face it you know that before you go to the cinema. If you dont like it then buy your food in Tescos before you go. UCI is no worse than any other multiplex in this regard.

I have never had any problems with the size of the seats. Again they are no worse or better than most other multiplexes.

If you think UCI is a bad cinema experience then I urge you to try Storm in Naas; believe me after 10 minutes in Storm UCI will feel like the Hilton on multiplex cinemas!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

been to the cinema about 4 times. Aside from the staff being slow, I can ot fault them for other issues mentioned by OP.
    An accent is something people grow up with and one gets to live with it.
    Being 193 cm tall (6.6 ft) found no issues with seat space albeit went for premium seats each time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Jokesetal

regedit wrote: »
    been to the cinema about 4 times. Aside from the staff being slow, I can ot fault them for other issues mentioned by OP.
    An accent is something people grow up with and one gets to live with it.
    Being 193 cm tall (6.6 ft) found no issues with seat space albeit went for premium seats each time.

.....need to rework that calculation (1.93m) ....it's 6'4'' ;)...but anyways... (6'3'' myself)..the premium seats are indeed much better (especially for 3-d Avatar)

As for the staff, I was given a refund on 4 tickets when my in-laws got stuck with the heavy snow in January this year (about 15 miles away). No questions, just a smile from the manager on duty and I've gone back and got the same level of hospitality ever since!

Just a hint: The price of beverages is crazy, but you can buy bottled drinks in the basement car park for €1.50 before you go in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Jokesetal wrote: »
    .....need to rework that calculation (1.93m) ....it's 6'4'' ;)...but anyways... (6'3'' myself)..the premium seats are indeed much better (especially for 3-d Avatar)

6´3 would be 1.90m.

Advertisement