Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Butler - amazing guitar player

Options
  • 22-11-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey,

Came across this guy on youtube a few months back, apparently his band a big in OZ. Check out this instrumental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZw9D9c18E

Says he used to play it when busking. They got some quality buskers down under.

Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nice. Very talented guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yes The John Butler Trio are massive over here. Saw them at the Big Day Out last year and they're quite sensational.

I'd recommend the latest album 'Grand National' and in particular the single 'Funky Tonight' below.

Top drawer stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yes The John Butler Trio are massive over here. Saw them at the Big Day Out last year and they're quite sensational.

I'd recommend the latest album 'Grand National' and in particular the single 'Funky Tonight' below.

Top drawer stuff.

That is rocking, the office im in looks a bit like that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

yea the jbt are great! Took me fkin ages to get a version of that song working on a 6 string, havnt played it in a long time! Always end up snapping a string tuning it :E

Advertisement