Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods

Options
  • 22-11-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I dont appear to have access anymore to adverts.ie even though i have stuff for sale
    Didnt cross any mods or anything, can you look into it

also i got a 1 month ban from the personal issues forum, this expired last week, i had access yesterday and today i find i have a ban till december even though i didnt post anything. can you look into same

is it cos i'm from limerick?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Questions about Adverts.ie go here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

is it cos i'm from limerick?

Yea did you not read the memo?

Did you try PMing the mods?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Did you try PMing the mods?

Try PM'ing:

Thaedydal for your PI banning
    &
    Smashey for your adverts query

Looks like they've been dealing with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You were banned. Adverts issues should be posted on adverts.ie support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You were banned from Limerick City for using racist slur directed towards members of the Travelling Community.

You were sent a PM in relation to this. As i sent the PM after I banned you you may not have received it at the time you started this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

whats racist about the word piebald

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Don't get snotty with me, if you read the PM you know which word you used.

i just pm'd you
    i wasnt talking about travellers, i was on abotu the house and car robbing scumbags who forced me to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can we give this guy an award for best nick?

And...
    Try PM'ing:

Thaedydal for your PI banning
    &
    Smashey for your adverts query

• Advertisement

I dont mind being banned from the personal issues forum, i jut read the threads to make me feel better about my own life

i do feel i 've been banned harshly from the limerick forum and adverts forum
    its only a 2 week ban but i was in discussion with a potential buyer about my car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Being rather economical with the truth there (in relation to crossing mods), aren't we?

Whatever about your PI ban, you were banned from adverts for two weeks for ignoring instruction from mods (me mainly) on thread.

-On your own car advert, you posted up your phone number, and made misleading posts about non existent price drops.

-On another users ad, you threadspoiled, and when asked to wind your neck in, you refused, and acted, in a nutshell, like a smartarse.

Ergo, you got two weeks off.

edit:This is about the calibre of your contributions to adverts...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

edit:This is about the calibre of your contributions to adverts...

Comedy is about the timing and I think he timed that one pretty well.

adverts isn't a comedy club.

It's hard enough modding it as is, without allowing free for all discussion there, and having to keep that between the ditches as well.

At the end of the day, peoples possessions and money are involved, so there's no room for sillybuggers.

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Comedy is about the timing and I think he timed that one pretty well.
    i cant see the post as i'm banned

which one was it?

the hoover comment icon_lol.gif

just brightening up a dull thread, anyway the hoover was for free, not as if folks money was at stake

Not the point, (and not the point of this thread either).

If that's the case, we might as well make Free Stuff the Thunderdome of adverts.

"Free to take away, one pair of yore ma's kecks, slightly soiled".

I told her not to have the mutton vindaloo nazor.gif

Yeah....you're not getting unbanned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the hoover comment icon_lol.gif

just brightening up a dull thread, anyway the hoover was for free, not as if folks money was at stake

regardless of money being at stake you were asked to do something and didnt do it.

If money was at stake surely you would be more inclined to follow the rules?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

fcuk me adverts is ruled with an iron fist. suppose it has to be though. Would a post deletion and a warning not have been more civil or is there a zero tolerance (again understandable in that section) when it comes to off topic posts

i'm this close (puts index finger and thumb close together) to selling my car, had a member pm directly and now cant deal with him anymore

anyway, arent you supposed to get a warning before a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Lazers pew pew,

The infraction I gave you should have been a ban. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Vegeta wrote: »
    fcuk me adverts is ruled with an iron fist. suppose it has to be though. Would a post deletion and a warning not have been more civil or is there a zero tolerance (again understandable in that section) when it comes to off topic posts
    They try to be as zero-tolerance as possible. If you remember the old FS forums, someone would post something for sale and instantly it would be a 60-post thread about how you can buy the same thing for a tenth of the cost in outer Mongolia or how it was sooo yesterday and no-one would ever want to buy it.

Ultimately anyone who talked down the item would come along and try to get it cheap.

Adverts.ie is supposed to work a little more like a proper classifieds section than a flea market, so people can browse, but standing around talking crap is a no-no.

too many mods with too much time on their hands
    how many t-shirts a year do they pay ye with?

I'm too fat for T-Shirts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I personally found the hoover comment hilarious and harmless.

Fair enough I see the need to carefully moderate adverts.ie for obvious reasons but being too heavy-handed about it will piss a lot of users off and cripple the growth of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I wonder what the expected lifespan of the OP is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I thought the hoover comment was funny, but i think the poster needs to take his medicine and stop whining about the infraction..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

One of the beautiful parts about not being a mod is that I can find the hover comment funny. Unfortunately for Lazers Pew Pew, after reading his previous posts that seems to be the highlight.

Advertisement