Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Ledley

Options
  • 22-11-2007 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Rumours surrounding Ledley King's comeback are surfacing once again.

The London Evening Standard, previously accurate with information on King, are reporting that Ledley will be out for at least another 4 weeks and is unlikely to be back before Christmas.

If true this will obviously be a massive blow as Ledley is so important not only to the defence but to the whole side.

The Spurs management team will also be looking for an experienced centre back in January assuming the rumour is correct as it's being proven time after time that Dawson and Kaboul aren't capable of playing with each other to the standard needed to push up the table.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I think I have said as have many others on this forum, the time is gone that we can rely on ledders and unfortunately we will need to go into the transfer market to buy a reliable, fit, experienced defender (maybe 2!). ledders is a great player, but dependable and injury free, I am afraid not - He may well only be a back up from now on. many great players have been plagued by injury, and ultimately retire earlier than they, the clubs and the fans may wish - unfortunately ledders may fall into that category!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Apparently he's "very far away" from being match fit so we really need an experienced replacement in the January sales. I hear that Ramos claims that he won't be buying anyone in January.

what's the story with Gardner and Rocha? when will they be available again, does anyone know?
    or maybe we could get Gary Doherty on loan. he did an ok job for us for a while.:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just heard on SSN that King is playing for the reserves tonight. Cant see anything on the official website ???

Great news of its true ??

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

BBC Sport said he's expected to play part in reserve game against 'Fulham on Tuesday night'.

Keep em crossed that he does'nt break down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

both king and rocha played the first half of the reserve game tonight, havent heard anything else yet but lets hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I hear he's had another breakdown in training which has set him back at least 2 more weeks. we really need some experienced defenders in January. any news on Dawson, how long is he out for?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Re: King - I've said this before but I reckon he's finished, which is gutting. Not many Ledleys around.

As for Dawson I just hope for the lad its not too serious. Makes me think back to Dean Richards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

king is the best player we have had in years

Advertisement