Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting domain name to webhost

Options
  • 22-11-2007 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently bought a domain name and hosting with hosting365.

How do u get this working:

When you type in www.abcd.com (and its connected to your host) , how can you configure which page you want the client to arrive at.

I can find any information on hosting365.

Basically I have the domain directing to the account but how to i configure it so that it connects to my home page (eg home.html etc)

any advice would be great

thanks

mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is it going to the control panel login at the moment? That's normally the default page. Go to directory indexes in the control panel (could be under "web options") and enter the name of the file you want to be the home page.

There's lot of support on the H365 site by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

name your homepage index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

As Eoin said - the system pops a default index.html placeholder in place on all accounts - just replace it with your own , or delete it and upload your own homepage.

We do have a (growing) knowledgebase, as well as 24/7 email and livechat on the website...

Advertisement