Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog hit by car

Options
  • 22-11-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi All,

I had an experience a few nights ago when myself and the better half were out for a walk. So we were walking along with our dog and another little dog started following us. Next thing i heard screeching of car tyers, i turned around and the little dog that was following us was hit by a car. In fairness to the lady who was driving she pulled over to see if everything was OK. It was getting dark at this stage and it began to rain. The dog that got ran over was still alive and he kind of crawled/hopped behind a wall. We decided the best thing to do is to ring the RSPCA. It was after office hours so we got throught to voicemail. Rang 2-3 vets and said that we didnt want the dog to be left there in the rain and cold while he as injured but they did not want to take him (Understandably so). We asked a few people passing did the know who owned the dog. Nobody knew who owned him and a few said that he had been seen around the area in the last few days. We eventually got onto a vet that said that he would see the dog and give him the treatment he needed for free as long as the person who brought him in would take him away again. So we decided that the best option would be for the driver of the car who knocked him down would take him to the vet (About 5 miles away). Got a text from her saying that the dog had a broken elbow and a few other injuries. Unfortunetly thats the last time I heard from her as I deleted the txt message and didnt have the number.
    My question is what can you do in that situation. If it was a human you could call and ambulance or something but we were really stuck not knowing what to do. We also let the local shops/post office know in case anybody came looking for the dog and I told the driver to say it to the Gardai just incase.
    I just hope that the dog is reunited with its owner and its all better.

Cheers

Advertisement