Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most romantic place in Limerick City?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey, am wreaking my brain trying to think of somewhere really romantic. Kinda shot myself in the foot when i started going out with my girlfriend.

Took her into the city on valentines day walked her down along the Abbey River, crossed over to behind the courthouse and looked into the Shannon for a while. Then walked along the Shannon river through Arthurs Quay and then up and over the bridge and back the other side until we got to the land jutting out by Carraghaur falls. I had a back pack and took out a rug and we cuddled up there. Had a picnic organised and all... was really nice. Froze our butts off that night.

Only thing is she really loved it, she keeps going on about it and i cant think of anywhere/thing in the city as romantic as that for our 1 year!?! I'm taking her to Malanio's but I'm lost for any real romantic ideas to do in Limerick City!

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wait.. is where you had that picnic not scumbag central?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hey, am wreaking my brain trying to think of somewhere really romantic. Kinda shot myself in the foot when i started going out with my girlfriend.

Took her into the city on valentines day walked her down along the Abbey River, crossed over to behind the courthouse and looked into the Shannon for a while. Then walked along the Shannon river through Arthurs Quay and then up and over the bridge and back the other side until we got to the land jutting out by Carraghaur falls. I had a back pack and took out a rug and we cuddled up there. Had a picnic organised and all... was really nice. Froze our butts off that night.

Only thing is she really loved it, she keeps going on about it and i cant think of anywhere/thing in the city as romantic as that for our 1 year!?! I'm taking her to Malanio's but I'm lost for any real romantic ideas to do in Limerick City!

Any ideas??

I'm struggling to think of anything...walk out the Ennis Road over Sarsfield Bridge and turn at down onto the NCR at the Clarion Suites, go straight down through the triangles and come out by Salesians then back over to Riverpoint stopping in the little park in front of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I think O'Malley park is real romantic, a picnic while you watch the joyriders:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

No, its a tiny little place where the kyakors (sp?) slip down into the Shannon, absolutley stunning views directly over to the courthhouse and the castle. Lovely in the evening, we had no problems when we were there anyways.

I'm not nessecaryily looking for a new walking route. Just wondering if there was anything romantic to do in the city, see in the city, etc...

This would be so much easier if i lived in Paris. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Just do something romantic at home. Cook her a nice dinner. Fill her a hot bath with scented oils and rose petals. Have lots of candles in the bedroom with more rose petals on the bed. Give her a good long massage. Strawberries & whipped cream for after words always wook well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Just do something romantic at home. Cook her a nice dinner. Fill her a hot bath with scented oils and rose petals. Have lots of candles in the bedroom with more rose petals on the bed. Give her a good long massage. Strawberries & whipped cream for after words always wook well.

man walk her down to see the swans by the sanctuary and maybe over to the barringtons pier, cool views of the city skyline there..then maybe to the jasmine palace? arguably the most romantic place in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Walk around UL... nice place

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out to Killaloe maybe if its a nice day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

The Clare Glens is a nice spot and not that far away from Limerick. It's also a great spot for a picnic (if you get a nice day)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cratloe Woods is a nice spot for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I think O'Malley park is real romantic, a picnic while you watch the joyriders:eek:

I suggest you familliarise your self with the charter in relation to smart arsed replies to people looking for assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ivorygal

Has to be the new living bridge in UL. It's only just opened but I have a feeling it's gonna be the lovers lane of UL ;)

It's near the health science building, down the back from the campus. it's all lit up at night, with benches along the bridge and the best part is the bridge kinda moves - it's really really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Any ideas??

Hmmm the weather could be the problem with outdoors. What sprang to mind when you said Milanos was the section jutting into the river with the seats outside the front of Milanos.

A nice tablecloth, some candles, food and wine, with the river flowing past could be nice. But don't know how safe/pratical something like that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The park near the train station is about the only nice place in central Limerick as far as I'm concerned. The streets around that area have nice old buildings too.

Maybe the North Circular road? Nice houses. There's a bit of park down by the river as well. The tennis club on the Ennis road is pretty nice. Not too far from there.

If you have a car there are loads of nice spots within maybe 40 minutes of the city. You could go to Dromoland and have a walk around. Stop for some lunch in Meadows and Byrne in Bunratty for a bite to eat.

Could go to Adare castle too. Place costs a fortune to stay in but sure if you drop in for a coffee it's not a problem. Gorgeous building and reception. The gardens are out of this world. Would be a grand spot for a picnic. The village is very pretty as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Cratloe Woods is a nice spot for a walk.

LOL! i heard storys about that place! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

The riverbank along by UL can be very nice although it's probably better in the summer time with the long evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

The Clare Glens is a nice spot and not that far away from Limerick. It's also a great spot for a picnic (if you get a nice day)

yeah clare glenns is savage, we had a photography class out there last may, the place was stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Can someone give directions to Clare Glens? I believe it's close to Newport? Is there parking closeby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

straight through newport, turn right at a gaa pitch, theres a small carpark and picnic area. its sign posted i think. Walk over the bridge a little down the road, most of the walks start inside the gate on the left

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah Clare Glens or Cratloe woods are great places to get lost in for a while. Other than that, ok UL is a nice campus, but nobody really wants to walk around it.... The riverwalk next to UL going all the way into town used to be a fantastic one, but like so many things in Limerick, has been taken over by absolute scum in recent years.
    I'll tell you what though, if you follow that path, away from the city, in the direction of Castleconnell, there is one hell of a kickass castle about 20 mins walk from UL. We used to have all night parties there when I was a ULian.
    Other than that, there is the Castleconnell river walk. Thats quite picturesque too. I would recommend that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The park near the Pier off the Condell Road can be pretty good too, especially around spring. Took my ex there last year when the place was full of daffodils. It was the last nice day we had together :eek:

There's also the bird sanctuary just down the road from there, it's fantastic when the sun's shining.

Advertisement