Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic lights in clarina

Options
  • 22-11-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

what another great f*$k up to the morning traffic... i cant understand why they didng go with the origional plan of routing traffic coming frm newtown/church area down to the roundabout.....what a waste of a perfectly good roundabout...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

I agree 100% with you, the lights will cause bigger talebacks then ever seen on the 2 byroads.

Why do the councils (city & county) think that lights solve the problem?

I hear they are also putting lights on the junction of the Bypass and N21 (Tipp Rd), this junction was poorly planned and now the solution is a set of lights, the traffic out of Limerick in evening will now back onto the Ballysimon road and down Mulgrave street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Not seemingly content to add to the delays on the N69 in Clarina, the council have also installed new traffic lights in Adare at the pitch 'n putt entrance, all so Tom Kane's new housing dwellers can cross the road safely. Adare is bad enough in the mornings without adding to it with these needless lights, just goes to show what a man and his money can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

grenache wrote: »
    Not seemingly content to add to the delays on the N69 in Clarina, the council have also installed new traffic lights in Adare at the pitch 'n putt entrance, all so Tom Kane's new housing dwellers can cross the road safely. Adare is bad enough in the mornings without adding to it with these needless lights, just goes to show what a man and his money can do.

and it will be a lot worse in the evenings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

the lights in Clarina are now working- 3 months after they were installed!
    anyone know if they're causing any delays in the mornings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

dunno but i didnt spot them last night when i passed....be it very late...i passed this morning at 7.45 and no delay...bet kildimo is next to get a set....

honestly clarina now has a set of traffic lights and a roundabout...wtf like...thats more than leitrim has..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Nice one! i think they've helped things from the Ballybrown Road and the Clubhouse side alright but it certainly ain't gonna help main road users!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i think there should be no right turn when coming from the city...there is a roundabout 100 mtrs down the road they should put to some use...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

i think there should be no right turn when coming from the city...there is a roundabout 100 mtrs down the road they should put to some use...

Yes you're right but Irish drivers don't do that, think of the exits from 4Home, the retail units out the dock road, the exit from Mayorstone near LIT roundabout and O'Mara's (I think) on the Tipperary Rd are 4 that come to mind.

Advertisement