Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Build-up/Residue

• 22-11-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

What is the best clarifying shampoo you've used for removing build-up?. I've tried TREsemme deep cleansing shampoo and it didn't work.
    Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Don't tell my hairdresser but I used washing up liquid. I was sick of product build up and none of the shampoos worked. It really worked.I would only do it about twice a year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Washing up liquid would be fine every now and again but it's quite harsh so you wouldn't want to be using it too often. Nutrogena used to have a clarifying shampoo that was quite good but it's a few years since I used it so I don't know if it's still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Boots Expert build up removing shampoo is good but BEWARE it will strip some of the colour out of your hair if it is dyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Pantene used to do a clarifying shampoo, and I found it brill for getting rid of all residue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Excuse my ignorence but what do you mean by build up and residue?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If you use a lot of hair products they can build up (residue) and be hard to wash out with normal shampoo, leaving your hair feeling a bit dull and lifeless - kinda like you just put conditioner on it but didn't wash it out IYKWIM?
    Clarifying shampoo is an extra-cleansing shampoo that gets out the stubborn products that tend to cling to your hair even after washing it. HTH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

echosound wrote: »
    If you use a lot of hair products they can build up (residue) and be hard to wash out with normal shampoo, leaving your hair feeling a bit dull and lifeless - kinda like you just put conditioner on it but didn't wash it out IYKWIM?
    Clarifying shampoo is an extra-cleansing shampoo that gets out the stubborn products that tend to cling to your hair even after washing it. HTH!

Thanks! I know the feeling when your hair just doesnt feel washed after you've washed it but I just change my shampoo then! I dont think I suffer with it but will try it out sometime, might make my head feel cleaner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

Hmm I don't really wanna use washing up liquid on my hair because it's coloured!

Pigletlover, was it Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo that you used?I was in Boots today and the SA told me it was discontinued =[

Echosound, do Pantene still do a clarifying shampoo? Or is that discontinued too :rolleyes:

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Yeh, I think that's the one. Any clarifying shampoo that you use is going to be fairly harsh on your hair so I wouldn't rule washing up liquid out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I used to use the Citre Shine shampoo when this happened to me but it appears to no longer be available:( and I really could do with it at the moment. The tar shampoos and Head and Shoulders also work but again can be rather harsh on your colour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

I bought Bumble & Bumble's Sunday shampoo from Nue Blu Eriu (sp?). It was very expensive but it got good reviews on Makeup Alley so hopefully it will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Try veganese from Lush. Just a conditioner but has lots of lemon so only use if the build up is very bad or if you're prone to very greasy hair. Otherwise try a hairmask from lush. There the only products I could reccommend sorry.

(by the way, I find any TreSemme brutal tbh, gives more of a build up than anything else!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I just used the Pantene Clarifyins shampoo over the weekend as my hair had got a bit limp. It's excellent, my hair is quite shiny today!

Advertisement