Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I really REALLY hate Microsoft.

• 22-11-2007 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭

Console wasn't working weekend before last, thought it might be temporary,It wasn't. Rang the monday of last week to get it collected. No sign of it being collected so I rang again this monday. Still hasn't been collected. Rang this evening and they said i've to ring back in 72hours to get a new repair order made. So by the time it gets collected, repaired and sent back it could be anywhere up to 2 months since i had a freakin 360. (added to that the fact i have had to send it back two other times since the begining of September).

I hate them so much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sounds like a good argument for buying a PS3. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i already have one.

It is becoming an argument to get a second copy of COD4 though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

The 360 sounds like a thoroughly unreliable system. Is the Elite version any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Moan at a manager in the call center. They'll give you free games and recompensate your for the Live membership that you lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the three red lights at the weekend, rang MS yesterday and got it picked up by UPS today. Can I still moan or do I wait until the inevitable delay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

They never gave me anything free and I had four consoles before I sold the 360 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

~Marky~ wrote: »
    They never gave me anything free and I had four consoles before I sold the 360 :(

I'm on my third Xbox360 since Xmas 2005. Great gaming machine though the its insides are a pile of crap. If you get the ring of death (red lights), you can try wrapping it in a towel and leave it switch on for a couple of hours. This works for a lot of people. What happens is that some of the components on the motherboards slip out of place due to the heat, apparently due to crappy soldering and sealing. So when your xbox cools down some components are not in place on the motherboard. This is where the towel comes into play. Overheat it again and shake it a little and the components sometimes slip back into place. Just don't tell Micro$oft you've done this or you may void your warranty. This has worked for like 10k+ people and worked for me a few times. Google it.....

Last Xbox I got seems to be working fine, so far Ive gotten 4 free games, 2 wireless controllers and a 12month free Xbox Live thingy out of them..

However last time they had my Xbox didnt get it back for 5 months.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I had great service from them. Mine broke down, got picked up the next day and had it back in, I think 4 weeks. And this was during the big shìtstorm with all the crashes back in August, so it was pretty quick considering. Then I got a letter saying that they were giving me 3 months Live to compensate me.

Try getting any service from Sony. There customer support is legendary :D

Moan at a manager in the call center. They'll give you free games and recompensate your for the Live membership that you lose.

yeah - they said they would 'compensate' me.

I asked would that be with a game that won't work on the broken console they send back, or Live membership that is useless on the broken console they send back and their reply was "You will be compensated".

Not much of a compensation if i can't use it, is it?

Have no real faith in them sending me back a console that will work for more then a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

How is it Microsoft's fault if UPS don't come and collect it? :confused:
    Did you ring UPS?

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    How is it Microsoft's fault if UPS don't come and collect it? :confused:
    Did you ring UPS?

For some reason, they are not sending UPS, they are sending DHL.

And i can't ring DHL, because MS have been unable to give me an actual tracking number.

And while it may, or may not, be MS's fault DHL haven't come to collect it, it is CERTAINLY their fault I have to send it off for the 3rd time since September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ah sure,

this is what you buy into when you spend 400 on an unreliable machine, im on my 3rd box, no point moaning bout it though!

I hate Mickeysoft as much as the next man, but they have the best game machine out there (when it works!) im drunk still, so I dont care!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DHL deal only with account customers, so its on microsofts hands. You can ring dhl yourself but get no help, my girlfriend works for them and gets many a call about collecting 360's, but they can only deal with the account holder, aka microsoft

Give her a ring and tell her to sort out the collection of mine will ya? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I swear to god I am the luckiest man alive. I have a launch console that has never broke down. Never even had a game freeze on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,772 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I swear to god I am the luckiest man alive. I have a launch console that has never broke down. Never even had a game freeze on me.
    Same here.
    In general, as with anything, it is only the negative experiences that tend to end up on forums such as this. There are plenty people out there who've never had issues with the console but because none of them wish to post the consensus appears that every one of the consoles is crap.
    However I do see the frustration of people who have to wait a number of weeks to get issues sorted.
    I can safely tell you that PS3 will/has a similiar number of problems and Sony are the same if not worse to deal with than MS.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    dont have a launch one but have one nearly 12 months so i thought i was lucky out too. All was fine and dandy until last night. No rings of death but COD4 and halo3 freezing all the time now. :(
    should i give MS a ring?

/edit
    and no sooner do i say the acursed words and the Red Ring of Death appears.....:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

kippy wrote: »
    Same here.

I can safely tell you that PS3 will/has a similiar number of problems and Sony are the same if not worse to deal with than MS.
    Kippy

Where are you getting that from?

Whilst the stats are anecdotal cos MS refuses to admit what the failure rate, the sheer number of people I personally know who have problems means I don't think people are making this up.

And as mine just kicked the bucket this afternoon, I'm in no mood to be conciliatory towards Microsoft. No Mass Effect or Call of Duty till January now. :mad:

Tauren wrote: »
    Console wasn't working weekend before last, thought it might be temporary,It wasn't. Rang the monday of last week to get it collected. No sign of it being collected so I rang again this monday. Still hasn't been collected. Rang this evening and they said i've to ring back in 72hours to get a new repair order made. So by the time it gets collected, repaired and sent back it could be anywhere up to 2 months since i had a freakin 360. (added to that the fact i have had to send it back two other times since the begining of September).

I hate them so much.

:( I hope I don't go through the same thing. They told me they'd be sending out the DHL shipping label immediately. Doesn't sound like there's much chance of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,772 ✭✭✭✭kippy

quad_red wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from?

Whilst the stats are anecdotal cos MS refuses to admit what the failure rate, the sheer number of people I personally know who have problems means I don't think people are making this up.

And as mine just kicked the bucket this afternoon, I'm in no mood to be conciliatory towards Microsoft. No Mass Effect or Call of Duty till January now. :mad:

A number of similiar fora to this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422586

Either way, the fact of the matter is there are far more Xbox 360s out there than PS3's hence why you hear more about the failures on the xbox 360s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Do you know that faults with the 360 have cost MS over 1billion$ since it was launched!!!!!!!!!Does any1 know if i bought a 360 second hand would i still have that RROD 3 year warranty?????

kippy wrote: »
    A number of similiar fora to this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422586

Either way, the fact of the matter is there are far more Xbox 360s out there than PS3's hence why you hear more about the failures on the xbox 360s.

So you don't think that an unacceptable number of 360's are kicking the bucket?

I don't think digging up a forum where people are having PS3 problems is meaningful in terms of equating the overall level of failures PS3's are having compared to 360's.

I get what you're saying in that people with problems will be more vocal than those who have the normal experience they should be getting. But looking at the forums I frequent and general sites (not fanboys) there is definitely a far more serious, insidious and endemic failure problem with 360s.

Advertisement