Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a brick, a cello, a goblet ???

• 22-11-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭

Has anyone checked their shape on the Trinny and Susannah shape calculator. They claim to solve all our shopping problems by teaching us to shop for our shape not our size. I cannot figure out if I am a brick, a cornet or an apple.
    Here's the link http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/lxd/static.do?page=landinghtml96

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The problem with their method is that most women have a warped view of their body shape (as proven on "How to Look Good Naked") - if you want to know honestly what your shape is, I suggest having a friend fill in the answers on your behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

cAr0l wrote: »
    The problem with their method is that most women have a warped view of their body shape (as proven on "How to Look Good Naked") - if you want to know honestly what your shape is, I suggest having a friend fill in the answers on your behalf.

I agree, from those questions it says that I'm a column but I've no doubt that if a friend filled it out for me the result would have been different.

What is average btw?? Do they have guidelines or is all just what you think yourself??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I did this with the help of my boyfriend (thanks TBH :) ) for an honest opinion & it turns out I'm an hourglass - I never really thought about it before, so was interstesting to do.

I already stayed away the things they suggest to avoid but wasn't aware of some of the things they list for flattering your shape - I must try some of them out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Apparantly I'm a column shape, I thought the answers to choose from were a little vague though. I ended up choosing average for most of them, it would have been better if you coule put in actual measurements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I'm an hourglass...i watched the show the other night and knew that was my one too. I suppose its ok! I went to the clothes that suit your shape bit and i really wish that the models were actual hourglass figures too! Kinda negates the purpose of it! I suppose its kinda interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hourglass too, I'd generally describe myself as 'pear' though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Pear. Would love to be long-streak-of-water type... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm a brick aparently! :D

It tells me to avoid mini skirts which is good, cos I'm a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Vase, so I guess that kinda average in curve terms? I know my waist isn't small enough to be an hourglass.

Vase :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im a pear but i knew that already. i have the little woods catalog but have to say some of the things they recognise for certain shapes dont seem right to me. funniest is they say on their site to avoid jodpurs if your a pear thats me f**ked so I own a horse and spend most of my time in them!

Advertisement