Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a Phone - Must have: Good MP3 Software, Memory Card Slot, LED Torch

• 22-11-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

I've had a Sony Ericsson K750i for some time now, and am very happy with it.

However, I've been toying with the idea of buying a dedicated MP3 player... but I like the idea of having only one device - I've no problem buying a spare battery or two.

I currently have a 3.5mm head phone adapter and a 2GB card for the K750i - which suffices for limited use.
    However, the MP3 software/menu on the phone is a bit ... ****! It forgets where you were if you exit out of it, doesn't group tracks by artist/album folder etc.

I'm looking for something which has proper MP3 software/menu on it, which takes a memory card of some sort (preferably one which comes in 4GB or larger).
    I'm not fussed about it having an amazing camera, so the by standard 2MP is fine.

However, it MUST have an LED Torch like the K750i. This is THE most useful feature on the phone. I laughed at the idea when I got the phone, but nothing in the phone has received more use, it would melt my head to have to live without it! And I don't mean a ****ty torch like some of the Nokias have had in the past few years, the one on the K750i will light a frickin room - as it did during a power cut last week!

Oh, and it should be roughly similar size to the K750i.

So:
    Good MP3 Software
    Memory Card Slot
    LED Torch
    Similar size to K750i

Any recommendations? I love Sony Ericsson so if they do something matching this it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Nokia 5500 has a LED torch but the MP3 software is only middling but it has good features like it has sensors built into it and when you tap the keypad it will change song and pause the song. It can only take memory cards up to 2GB. More info. here. http://europe.nokia.com/A4160003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

check out sony w880i not sure if it has a torch though or the sony w580

Advertisement