Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone goin on a J1?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering who here is going on a J1 summer 08, and where are ye off to?

I'm thinking of paying the deposit for the USIT programme. Went to the meeting today and it looks alright.

Still not sure if I'll go or not, but it isnt too much of a deposit.

A major thing concerning me is if I fail an exam :(, it's such a bloody ordeal having to study in the midst of the fun/chaos in the US, and then fly back and then back again! I know the insurance covers it though.

Hmmm........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Theres no summer repeats anymore so you dont fly home, had a few friends who failed last summer in Cali and it didnt effect them. Theyre just repeating the failed modules this Christmas. Mind you I failed two years ago and just decided not to fly home for the repeats, thats always a back up option if they decide to change schedules around, just be prepared to repeat a year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blut wrote: »
    Theres no summer repeats anymore so you dont fly home, had a few friends who failed last summer in Cali and it didnt effect them. Theyre just repeating the failed modules this Christmas. Mind you I failed two years ago and just decided not to fly home for the repeats, thats always a back up option if they decide to change schedules around, just be prepared to repeat a year :P
    So, when do I do the repeats...? :confused: If I fail one of my Christmas exams, I repeat it during the Christmas holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

If you fail a Christmas exam you repeat it the following summer, if you fail a summer exam you repeat it the following Christmas.

(Which sucks, as a system).

Ah... Well it's the Christmas exam I'm worried about failing, so it WOULD affect my J1! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No.... you repeat semester 1 exams that you failed when you;re doing your semester 2 exams. And if you fail semester 2 exams, you repeat next year in semester 1 with those exams.

Also I've paid my deposit with go4less, like the look of their thing better than USIT. Mainly the fact that I have more time to sort stuff. Heading to Washington D.C.

• Advertisement

Oh I understand now :) Anyway, off topic!

I want to go to either New York, Bawwwston, or Chicargo, but most of my mates wanna go to San Diego :( hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Do Chicago. You'll well to get a decent place in San Diego!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Chicago and San Diego are both great fun, pretty different cities tho. New York is very expensive and crowded, didnt like it too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

New York is excellent...looove to go back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I went to Montauk - had a great time.

Load of Irish out in the Hamptons and plenty of jobs.

San D was hard to get jobs in as was Boston it seemed this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'm thinking of doing the J2, legal drinking age and less chance of getting shot at..

Anyone ever do it and who's better to go for? USIT or Go4less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Go4less look better, purely on virtue of the not having to sort stuff till February.

Advertisement