Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Revision Dvds

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

We are a new start up company producing leaving cert revision DVD’s. The DVD’s will be presented by a teacher with years of experience in their subject and will revise the whole course from an exam point of view.

The idea is that these DVDs will be seen as an alternative to revision books/grinds. The plan is to first start with the core subjects (Maths, English and Irish) and depending on success, add more subjects and possibly even Junior Cert subjects also.

I am looking for some feed back and any help would be much appreciated. I have a few questions which I would be very gratefully if people could answer.

Do you buy revision books?
    Would you consider buying this product (instead)?
    How much would you be willing to pay?
    What subjects would you be interested in?
    Where would you buy it? (online/easons ect/direct from school)

Cheers!

Would you buy a Leaving Cert revision DVD? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Two Words: Market. Saturated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Do you buy revision books?
    yes

Would you consider buying this product (instead)?
    mayb but i d still get revison books

How much would you be willing to pay?
    around 20

What subjects would you be interested in?
    maths french

Where would you buy it? (online/easons ect/direct from school)
    oh easons,def not online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Another needless product in a market based on exploiting the insecurities of young people....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Two Words: Thread. Sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

+1.

this is manic in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Do you buy revision books? Yes, in some subjects
    Would you consider buying this product (instead)? I might, but not instead of revision books. The whole advantage with revision books is that you can bring them with you into school and look at during class, or while you're doing homework or even just before a test. For DVD's you'd have to go out of your study environment to the TV and watch that. You couldn't bring them to school etc like you can with the books.
    How much would you be willing to pay? Not a lot. Maybe €10-€15
    What subjects would you be interested in? I guess the languages would be most useful - German, Irish. Maybe physics would be good aswell with all the experiments.
    Where would you buy it? (online/easons ect/direct from school) I guess it'd be easy to buy it direct from school. Maybe easons. I'd consider buying it online, but not my preferred option.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Another needless product in a market based on exploiting the insecurities of young people....

Precisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mulville-lights

Do you buy revision books? yes, in most subjects
    Would you consider buying this product (instead)? yes
    How much would you be willing to pay? 15€ max
    What subjects would you be interested in?definitely physics,history, music, and business and if, for example, you could get movie clips into the languages and english, eg. scenes from Shakespeares' Hamlet in English, id get the language dvds as well
    Where would you buy it? (online/easons ect/direct from school) easons, def. not online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

As a matter of interest, what's with the reluctance to buy things online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i would definitely buy a maths one.. well.. maybe english .. maths is my obsession at the mo so will buy anythin related :D lolz

If they go on sale make sure to let us know :)
    Good luck with the business!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement