Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing SSF to the masses?

Options
  • 23-11-2007 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I was going to post a thread in AH along the lines of "How many posts on average do you have to make before another boardsie can work out your full name?"

I was just curious as how many posts in various fora does an average poster have to make before someone else can work out their name, place of work etc, by using the net etc to investigate.
    But I figured that the thread would be locked and I'd get an infraction at least for blatant trolling and encouraging stalking.

But it put me in mind of the SSF, and how my powers could be used for good rather then annoying folk.

What I was thinking was maybe a sub forum of AH or another high traffic fora for sponsored threads in aid of the SSF.
    EG someone could sponsor the "Guess or find out my real name," thread, where other posters could have a crack at it.
    Or a "I'll donate x amount if someone gets a Boards SSF banner on an RTE news broadcast or sporting programme," thread.

Or for more prolific members or hopefully Mods, "I'll post a picture of myself doing <insert embarrassing situation> if I get x amount. (Said embarrassing situation could be drawn from a poll on the thread.) Or for the non photogenic, submit a well thought out and eloquent post taking the piss out of themselves or complimenting another poster, such as pighead, (again drawn from a poll.)

Sponsors of threads would of course cough up before thread was started, (and obviously approved by a mod before opening.)

And volunteers would obviously follow through on any embarrassing situations they put themselves forward for, because it just wouldn't be cricket otherwise.

It's just an idea and the greater minds on boards could definitely refine it, and if done right wouldn't cheapen either the SSF or the Boards name. And again if done right would definitely raise the profile of SSF and add an aspect of interaction to it to those who might otherwise not donate, so raising more cash!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Nah just do up a boards babes calendar. Maximum clothing allowance totalling 4cm x 4cm, including strings but not including oils and liquids by volume. So the plan is:

1. Tens of thousands of apathetic internet males
    2. Scantily clad women in a useful form factor that they might actually have a chance of talking to
    3. ????
    4. Profit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why not stick the SSF link into all your personal emails?

See if you company will agree to allow it on their company mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nekid female boardsies ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

The-Rigger wrote: »
    nekid female boardsies ftw.
    Yes we'll need to filter out the ones who are men first though, which means pictures taken from various angles in a public place holding up signs in their Christmas Calendar Costumes. Should we open a thread in AH or just inform them of their... duties... for the children... via PM?

dr.strangelove-763806.jpg

Advertisement