Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Weekend Thread - Back In Business

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think that was the most depressing end to a soccer saturday ever!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I think that was the most depressing end to a soccer saturday ever!

dunno I would take a saturday like this most weeks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh, ditto :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Daddy Dick You F*ckin Legend! Get In!!!!!
    Another volley it sounds like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lol sunderland ,money well spent there :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SofaKing wrote: »
    Another volley it sounds like!

Yeah from what it says on the City forums it was better than the last one too. Can't wait to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

We nick a last minute winner, the other lot lose miserably and that w*nker Keane is made a mockery of. It's a great Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keanes Sunderland won't be as bad as McCarthys but it could be close run thing by May.

Mike.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

PHB wrote: »
    Big day today for Arsenal, that puts them 6 points ahead with a game in hand.

3 points ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote: »
    Keanes Sunderland won't be as bad as McCarthys but it could be close run thing by May.

Mike.

true, but
    [devils advocate]
    Mick's Sunderland also didn't spend any money
    [/devils advocate].

They could yet escape though, there are enough rubbish teams that they might get lucky, though with Wigan's manager change maybe they can cop on a bit, and Bolton already appear to be looking a bit more lower mid table then bottom 3. Derby may as well already be down, so the next 2 now imo are between Boro, Wigan, Sunderland, Brum and, if theres an exodus in January, Bolton.

Of those i think it'll be Derby, Boro and Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Shocking result from Sunderlands game. Keane is looking as if he will end up with egg on his face. Newcastle were as bad, with not a single outfield player looking as if he wanted a win today. I don't know what big sam is going to do with this bunch, but he has some motivational job on his hands.

Great win for Liverpool, Torres again showed he's a step above most of the strikers in the prem, and although he didn't nick one today, his awarness and ability to create space looks second to none. A good win on Wednesday and it good give them the jolt they need to make this a memorable season.

What a shocker from Utd. As has been said, if Ronaldo was just "rested" well then it's just a silly mistake. Hargreaves was brutal, Giggs, brutla, Nani, brutal, Tevez, brutal, Anderson made a difference for 10 mins, but was lacking when it came down to doing anything in the last 20 yrds of the pitch. Why do Manu struggle if they do not have Roone and Ronaldo on the pitch? If this is the best squad fergie has ever had, I'll get the ketchup ready for the Trilby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In all fairness Hobart, Man Utd struggled cause they didn't have Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes or Vidic on the pitch. I think everyone realised at the start of the season that in terms of attackers, United were weak. Saha can't be relied on. Tevez isn't an out and out striker. If Rooney is injuried, United are missing a striker really. As such, it was always the main area of the squad where people knew had to be strengthened, and it wasn't.

Apparently Ronaldo was not rested, he picked up a knock against Finland.

Apparently Ronaldo was not rested, he picked up a knock against Finland.
    Any linky? According to BBC/SSN he was rested...I know Rooney is injured a the moment, and I'm sure you would have thought that some sort of contingency would have been out in place...

1-0 Chelski. Kalou

I don't, just getting it off another forum. I think everybody knew that United were relying on Rooney somewhat. Just look at our form at the start of the season. When Rooney isn't playing, having Ronaldo or Scholes on the pitch should be enough against Bolton. But when neither of those are playing, it's gona be tough to get goals. Another striker needs to be brought in, maybe 2 with Saha gone, and I think everybody's always known that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So Fergie really meant it's his best first 11 ever rather than squad?

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    So Fergie really meant it's his best first 11 ever rather than squad?

My point exactly. United have struggled without Rooney and Ronaldo all season.

Indeed they have. That said, I think if Scholes had been playing we would have won that game.
    If Vidic had been playing, we defo wouldn't have concedded. Injuries aren't excuses, but they do show that the trend towards the future is gona be better.
    United's squad is actually top notch bar the front imo, hit bad by injuries and poor decisions today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

ziggy wrote: »

Nah, I think he's the original roy Keane.

Keano for Man U, eh ;)

Here's the City highlights. Harper's is a nice finish but Ireland's goal is stunning!

http://profile.imeem.com/Ku_Nm5P/video/nz894z7C/manchester_city_reading_21_sports_video/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Injuries aren't excuses,

too true

mayordenis wrote: »
    too true

lol i got it :p

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Here's the City highlights. Harper's is a nice finish but Ireland's goal is stunning!

http://profile.imeem.com/Ku_Nm5P/video/nz894z7C/manchester_city_reading_21_sports_video/

CLASS finish by Ireland ! Seriously good player. He could play up front no bother :D

Red card for Essien.

Chelsea 2 up and only Utd let the top half of the table down today.

Mike.

Essien = CLOWN. FFS, 93rd minute as well.
    Dont have him in my fantasy team though :D

mike65 wrote: »

only Utd let the top half of the table down today.

They did more than let the table down, I think they would have let their local pub team down today with that performance :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

How in the name of bejaysus was Hunt not sent off/arrested today. Scumbag.

• Advertisement

Leg breaker just below the knee coming in from the side. Agricultural does'nt begin to describe it.

Mike.

Incredibly bad challenge alright. Even though he was booked, i wonder will we still see retrospective action from the FA over it? Could have been a career ender.

messi did one tonight that didnt even get him booked, havent seen the Hunt one but messi lost the ball and attacked the ball witha lunge, the player came into messis attack range/lunge during the tackle, totally unavoidable for Messi but he should have been sent off and banned for 6 games as it ended as a vicious tackle.

The tackle on the celtic lad looks pussy like compared to what messi did. odd how its ok sometimes to nearly rip someones leg off but not another time.

TheBigLebowski scumbag ? charter?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That chap sounds Irish, any chance of getting him in a green shirt?. Probably not though.

Stekelly wrote: »
    That chap sounds Irish, any chance of getting him in a green shirt?. Probably not though.

hes from cork so technically not irish. :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

Touche.

They really should have their own team though.

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac
    Boourns!

Corkonians are people too. ;)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Touche.

They really should have their own team though.

Why they would never show up to play.

Corkonians thought it was Peoples Republic of Cork, shame there are not enough JCBs on this island to push you off into the sea :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tiny Tots being beaten 1-0 by the 'Ammers. Boa Morte missed a glorious chance for 2-0. Quite what Ramos sees or Jol saw in Yoannes Kaboul is beyond me. He'd hardly get a game for my local team.

• Advertisement

Whats going on now? I'm listening.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Green you moron. There goes his clean sheet for me

Advertisement