Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT.Voyager2110 + utorrent + ports

Options
  • 23-11-2007 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hullo,

So I'm having some issues with my 2110 & utorrent.

I've got two ports forwarded for each of my laptops [1 xp.pro/1 vista.business] on the voyager [using TCP/UDP], two static ips, ports added to the firewall exceptions.

So it should be working fine right?

No.

On my vista lappy, the network icon remains red in utorrent with the mouse over giving me the message
    Listen error
    You should change the listen port

It's the same port thats open on the 2110.

I've gone as far as adding the ports to the IP Filter rule settings for inbound traffic but no.

Disabled IP Filtering; no.

I'm kinda out of ideas tbqh. Bugging the **** out of me now. My linux iso is comming down extremely poorly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Might have a solution; post back later when I try it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Change the port to a much higher number, above 10000.

It is much higher, 40000+ range :)

Think it's a conflict with the DHCP range and my static IP. Like I said, I'll test it when I get home.

kaimera wrote: »
    It is much higher, 40000+ range :)

Think it's a conflict with the DHCP range and my static IP. Like I said, I'll test it when I get home.
    Well, it changed the dhcp range didn't help.

From what I've found looking online is that it's a UPnP issue with utorrent & vista. My speeds are better since changing the dhcp range and disabling upnp on utorrent but the tracker light remains red. :-/

kaimera wrote: »
    Well, it changed the dhcp range didn't help.

From what I've found looking online is that it's a UPnP issue with utorrent & vista. My speeds are better since changing the dhcp range and disabling upnp on utorrent but the tracker light remains red. :-/
    TCPView.

wininit.exe was using the port. Never had a problem on the same port in XP.

Sorted now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement