Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have no pictures on Duffys.ie

Options
  • 23-11-2007 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Instead of pictures I have red X. Only started yesterday, never had problem before. Haven't changed my internet security os settings. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

trevcon wrote: »
    Instead of pictures I have red X. Only started yesterday, never had problem before. Haven't changed my internet security os settings. Is anyone else having this problem?

Trev, save me the bother of looking, do they sell guns?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

http://www.shoot.ie/ is working fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

trevcon wrote: »

Why are you visiting pub sites - this is a shooting forum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

johngalway wrote: »
    http://www.shoot.ie/ is working fine for me

I think its coz Duffys.ie is a pub in Dublin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 trevcon

sorry meant shoot.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

If not displaying photos but a box with a red X in the top LHS corner then you need to swith on / activate / download ACTIVE X in order to see photos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

J.R. wrote: »
    If not displaying photos but a box with a red X in the top LHS corner then you need to swith on / activate / download ACTIVE X in order to see photos

OhNo - don't switch on ActiveX:eek: That's a sure way to get:eek:your Internet Exploder corrupted with all sorts of trojans,zombies .....

First of all you should use Firefox instead of that nasty IE muck.

If you are seeing X instead of an image, then your browser is either set to not download images or is blocked from downloding images from that site, due to configuration or a firewall. It has nothing to do with ActiveX , which is similar to a java applet, except it has full access to the Windows OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 trevcon

fat-tony wrote: »
    OhNo - don't switch on ActiveX:eek: That's a sure way to get:eek:your Internet Exploder corrupted with all sorts of trojans,zombies .....

First of all you should use Firefox instead of that nasty IE muck.

If you are seeing X instead of an image, then your browser is either set to not download images or is blocked from downloding images from that site, due to configuration or a firewall. It has nothing to do with ActiveX , which is similar to a java applet, except it has full access to the Windows OS.

Fixed problem, was my firewall. Settings were unchanged from when I could view photos on the site. I had to alter them for shoot.ie only. It must have been an automatic update of my internet security that caused this

Advertisement