Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remote access from home pc to campus?

Options
  • 23-11-2007 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

guys,

maybe a stupid question...

just wondering if i can remote access to campus pc?i have some stuffs saved in school's account pc(which you login with your account),can i get it at home from there?:confused:thanks.i am going to sleep if that's not possible...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

'Schools account PC' = what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

If the files are saved on any of the network drives, you should be able to get to them via Novell Netstorage: hit the "More Drives" link on your main UCD Connect page. If you saved them in "My Documents" or on the Desktop, they'll be under the H: drive, which appears as "Home@UCD-Tree" in there.

I don't think there's a "remote desktop" facility for general users. If you're hoping to use any of UCD's installed applications from home, you may be out of luck, for reasons related to licensing if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Red Alert wrote: »
    'Schools account PC' = what exactly?

ah,sorry....kinda wanna explain it in a 'common' way but screwed up...means the campus network HD...:o

stereoroid wrote: »
    If the files are saved on any of the network drives, you should be able to get to them via Novell Netstorage: hit the "More Drives" link on your main UCD Connect page. If you saved them in "My Documents" or on the Desktop, they'll be under the H: drive, which appears as "Home@UCD-Tree" in there.

I don't think there's a "remote desktop" facility for general users. If you're hoping to use any of UCD's installed applications from home, you may be out of luck, for reasons related to licensing if nothing else.

i see.sillly me!so we can actually access to our network HD since long time ago!:pthanks mate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

My Documents = H:\personal if you're on Novell netstorage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

How could you be in UCD at least 3months and not know this?

cause' i always backup everything in my massive storage little apple product before i leave:p

Advertisement