Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

speaking of 1.4 TFSI/TSI....what about 1.4TJet....

Options
  • 23-11-2007 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

anyone driven Fiat's interpretation of 1.4 HiPo motor - the new 1.4TJet, at 120bhp ? If so, what did you think?

Saw one, and didn't know what it was, but it looked nice (Bravo)....in the red that's on the ad on telly.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I believe FIAT are going to stick in a 150BHP version of that engine into the new 500 Abarth - I'd love to have a go of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

galwaytt wrote: »
    anyone driven Fiat's interpretation of 1.4 HiPo motor - the new 1.4TJet, at 120bhp ? If so, what did you think?

Saw one, and didn't know what it was, but it looked nice (Bravo)....in the red that's on the ad on telly.

I don't know about the 120 bhp but I drove the 1.4 T-jet 150 Sport Bravo and that is a super car. Build quality and finish look to be a big step forward. I liked the handlng which felt very stable and settled at speed. The car also has great pickup with no noticable turbo lag ( 0-60 8.2sec ) and the 6 speed gearbox suits the car.

I really hope this car is a success for Fiat :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...crumbs, it's 150? I thought is less. Looks like I'll have to get a go in one, so.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Saw one in Lismard last time I was up for a service. Even parked up it looked Fab. Must take one for a spin next time I'm there...

Now if they put the new 180BHP Twin-Turbo 1.9JTDm in one...:D all that and 45 MPG average..Whooo Hoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

whoa whoa whoa - this is in danger of turning into a pro-fiat/alfa thread..

get a grip ! ;)

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€25k new for the 1.4 150bhp TJet Bravo is a bit expensive though imo. Should be a bargin second hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...crumbs, it's 150? I thought is less. Looks like I'll have to get a go in one, so.........

AFAIK the 120bhp isn't available yet, but it is on the price list

http://www.fiat.ie/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/FIAT_IRELAND/showroom/showroomModel.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0877164850.1195819616@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddmildjkklcefecejgdfkhdfji.0&categoryOID=-1073809968

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    €25k new for the 1.4 150bhp TJet Bravo is a bit expensive though imo

Agreed. It is the sport model though, so I don't know what goodies come with it. But even the Base 90BHP Bravo is €19k which is steep imho

But as you suggest, good value at half that after two years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

the same 1.4 turbo engine is availabe in the new Grande Punto Abarth with a 180bhp option

fiat_grande_punto%20_abarth_2007_1.jpg

fantastic little hot hatch

Advertisement