Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riots and Rebellions

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Feelgood wrote: »

Whos with me??.....molotov cocktails at the Dail??? are we on??:mad:

Yes, I can't believe your insurance was so high either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The trouble is Feelgood that politicians dont answer truthfully face to face not to mention listen ,once they are elected .I do not think that they would respond to a questionnaire even a short one .They do not generally care what the voters think only when its election time and then its just to get elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Feelgood wrote:
    I'm not begruding like the rest of the mofo's on this thread...
    Chill out FFS. This is AH - most of the posters are just taking the mickey for the sake of it. It is nothing personal.
    Feelgood wrote:
    ...with regards to VRT if it disappeared then everyone would have the chance to be driving nice cars. Maybe we would all driver beemers and have top notch houses, loads of fancy holidays etc. All the government have to do is cut taxes here and there and give us an extra few quid to play with, but they wont why?
    Short answer - because it would push up inflation. But this would be better discussed in the Economics forum.
    Feelgood wrote:
    We put these fu*kers into power
    Not me. I voted for the other lot. I'm just living with with the results of everybody else's shoddy voting.
    Feelgood wrote:
    How about a website where the government posts a scenario, for example..

Dear Sir / Madam,
    The price of a pint is going up 20 cents. Do you agree?. If you agree we
    can open 2 new schools a year and maybe a hospital.

Please tick Y for Yes and N for No....

Everyone logs on ticks Y/N and hey presto, the people are running the country and not the government..all from the comfort of there own home. Obviously the above scenario in real life would be slightly more complex.
    E-voting. Don't go there!
    Feelgood wrote:
    I just cant understand how the decision process is so complex on certain aspects of Irish government. Like us they are all bloody talk too.....
    Too true. Just look at the French. Now those boys & girls know how to strike & have a good ol' fashioned riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Diageo are pulling out of Dublin and relocating to Balbriggan. Imagine how that'll taste?::eek:
    Not being from Balbriggan - I wouldn't know. :)
    Care to tell us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The trouble is Feelgood that politicians dont answer truthfully face to face not to mention listen ,once they are elected .I do not think that they would respond to a questionnaire even a short one .They do not generally care what the voters think only when its election time and then its just to get elected.

Yes but the point is that it is us that puts them there in that position, the reason they get there is because of us and their job should be to serve 'us'
    the best that they can do and its not being done. I bet you there are a couple of hundred people on boards.ie alone that could run this country better (present self excluded).

You may or may not know that we have a very bad spiraling drugs problem in this country, teenagers popping pills as young as 13 and 14 now, my theory is that they have f**kall else to do, they can afford cars or insurance or even to run a car so basically between the age of 13 -say 19 they are dormant in a town, all week, every week.. Take my own town for instance, no cinema, no youthclub, not much sports amenities, in fact there is nothing to do for young people, but there are 20+ pubs and about 20+ drug dealers that they have access to every night of the week.

Does no one else find it slightly f**ked up that out younger generation can get Class A narcotics and alcohol quicker than they can get a house, car or even a game of tennis for that matter???. Then people are saying "oh the youth of today are out of control", could you blame them they have nothing bloody else to do?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Feelgood wrote: »
    Does no one else find it slightly f**ked up that out younger generation can get Class A narcotics and alcohol quicker than they can get a house, car or even a game of tennis for that matter???. Then people are saying "oh the youth of today are out of control", could you blame them they have nothing bloody else to do?.
    What? Are you saying houses should cost less than drugs?

As for other things to do, it's not that hard to get 10 people together in a field with a football. Establish all the youth sport centres you want, if people want drugs, they'll get drugs. Boredom is not the only reason people take drugs.

Why should we riot? Because the price of tax for your car displeased you?
    You have this idea of rioting, where's it going to get you? What are your demands? You seem to have neither a coherent plan nor any knowledge of what it takes to run a country.
    What happens after you throw molotov cocktails at the Dáil? You don't even know what you want.
    Learn something about what you're trying to say before you label the entire nation as "just too bloody lazy to do anything about it". Some people might not agree with your politics. Environmentalists surely wouldn't appreciate you driving around in a 3 series BMW.
    Feelgood wrote:
    I'm not begruding like the rest of the mofo's on this thread
    My arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Every country in the world has some sort of ridiculous taxes, etc. We have it better than most of the world to be fair, and yeah theres tons of things that need to be better, but progress is a slow process. Cheer up. at least you have a car. I'm in debt just from replacing my stolen bike.

Bloody doom-monger

Advertisement