Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Credits?

• 23-11-2007 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

It seems that all operaters are launching their new Free Credit system which give up to 162 credits to those who switched over from other networks.

Users need to Topup €10 or €20 every 30 days to claim your free credits!!!

Does anyone know if this is permanent or just for Christmas offers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Most operators seem to offer free credits all year around. That said the amount of free credit being offered seems to increase at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭leonliang

They usually offer like 10 eur free credit each month no matter what, but now you have to top up like 20 eur or so to get your free credit, I don't really like this I have to say.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Well for Vodafone's monthly €10 its:
    you must top up by €10 or more in one go every 30 days
    But if you are looking to continue your free weekends/texts the stipulation is
    you have to top up by at least €20 at once, every 30 days
    For O2's monthly €10 its:
    subject to minimum top of €20 for previous 30 day period
    But if you are looking to continue your O2 friends discount/Free weekend texts the stipulation is
    Customers must top up by a total of €20 in a calendar month
    Much of a muchness I would think for the many users that are availing of the discount/free offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor first brought it back in last June/July. I personally think it's a good way to stop people just buying phones, using up the free credit, then throwing the sim away. It's why they stopped giving the credit as lump sums. To be honest, if you're not topping up 10e a month, you've no real need for the credit anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I bought a new phone last xmas for me and herself. I got the free credit of E10 each month, then bought another phone for herself as she spilt tea over it! As I registered the phone I got the credit! LOL So I have only put about E20 on my phone as I had to use it to get my emails when the local phone pole was knocked down. Plus I've had E160 free credit, so the phone basically cost me nothing. Merry Xmas !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i was sure that meteor still provided the upgrade/registration credit FREE as when i asked them to check it out some time ago(about 2months) they told me it was on the website that you had to top-up by €10 each month but this was just a typo.

if they are now changing this they would want to offer more credit or they will lose out to the others offering €160+

Advertisement