Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Tickects - Best way to get them...

Options
  • 23-11-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Was wondering what the best way to get tickets to the Chelsea-Tottenham game on January 12th. Have never been to a Premiership match but have followed Spurs for a long time now. I joined the ticket website but it does not show that match. Do people on boards have season tickets which they can swop etc or do you just wait until they become available and take your chances.
    The tickets avaiable for any of the matches seemed to be limited to about a dozen in each stand and most were sold out for the 4 games listed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The likes of Ronan (reckless) will be the best to advise you !!

Are you a member of Spurs ?

I would imagine all of our allocation would be taken up by Season Ticket Holders !! The tickets wont go on sale to General Members due to demand for such a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

p.s. its on Monday the 14th Jan , its live on Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Last year at Stamford Bridge went on general sale IIRC, was the Saturday after we played in Seville so a lot (myself included) couldn't be arsed paying upwards of £50 to see us lose about 36 hours after we'd got the zhit kicked out of us by El Plod...:D

As Hatch says, the match is on Monday the 14th now as it's live on Setanta. Club members have until 5.30pm today to apply for a ticket. You're obviously not a member, and even if you joined now the application wouldn't be processed in time to get you Chelsea application through in time. Sorry about that.

If you are intent on going to the game, my ticket may be going spare. I should know by the end of next week, I'm waiting for work to decide what my roster will be in January. It will be either £48 or £45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Ok thanks for the info. A monday night is no good so thanks. When you say a member do you mean silver, platinum etc? Maybe we should have a sticky for tickets available from members who are not using them for this match or that.

kmick wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the info. A monday night is no good so thanks. When you say a member do you mean silver, platinum etc? Maybe we should have a sticky for tickets available from members who are not using them for this match or that.

I'll try to keep this brief.

Club membership is available in 5 different categories.

Platinum, Gold and Silver are for season ticket holders.

Bronze and Lilywhite are for people who simply want a membership, and allow you to purchase a ticket during the members priority on-sale period.

There's a blurb on the club site here

The sticky isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure it would get much use...most of the season tickets on here are looked after by mates in London (mine is, as is Dublin Spur's) and if an ordinary member has a ticket for a game they're usually planning on travelling.

Feel free to ask anytime you want or need a ticket for a game though.

p.s. there is a sticky that includes all of the latest ticket office news, on-sale dates etc. Keep an eye on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

:DI can apply for an away allocation on my membership if someone wants one!!! Only have till 5:30 so make it quick! and I think I can only apply for 1 ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

have applied for this game hoping my loyalty points will be enough,dont think it will go on general sale this season like last year.

All applications successful, general sale from this Weds 28th only to people on ticket office database, i.e. have bought from club before.

KingdomYid, looks like I'll be over that night, must meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wexfordchels

Spurs tickets for away games at Chelsea nearly always go to public sale. I know because a) I normally make it my business to go to Chellsea/Spurs games and b) so does my Spurs mate and he has gotten away tickets from Spurs for this fixture through general sale.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Recklessone we must meet for a pint, looking forward to this game havent been to the bridge before.Were u at the lane thursday night what a second half,was in the shelf.

• Advertisement

Still not certain I'll make this game, I'm away the previous week with work and get back on the FRiday, however I'm not guaranteed my usual days off (which would suit for the game) so may need to do a bit of grovelling. I'll let you know.

Was there and Thursday indeed, was very inebriated though. Knew I should have got some dinner before I started...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Were u at the lane thursday night what a second half,was in the shelf.

I was on the shelf too. Moved from my seat at half time and stood for the whole 2nd half at the back row (they've taken the seats out) t'was like the old days. Great craic (there was about 40 of us standing/jumping up and down/shouting etc..)

Was thinkin about leavin at half time (frezzin and pissed off) so glad I stayed.
    Amazing 2nd half.

Advertisement