Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Ireland manager

Options
  • 23-11-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭

Hi I usually don't bet on these things but John Giles was on Newstalk this morning saying Jewell is definetly not interested in the job, and Liam Brady is and would be a good choice, Giles's influence on the position could be strong and at 14/1 with Paddy Power Brady could be a good bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Brady has not had a successful managerial career behind him.
    The FAI surely will go with someone with a history of making teams playing to a level greater than the sum of the parts.

To me there is only one manager who fits the bill, and (I assume) would fall within their budget, and that is Roy Hodgson. Of course the IF's are - Is he Available and would he be interested.

Availability. I googled Hodgson Finland Contract and the BBC site shows him as having signed a 2 yr contract in October 2005. Would he be interested - You would think ROI would be a step up from Finland - or is that just wishful thinking. 20/1 with Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

badbrian wrote: »
    Availability. I googled Hodgson Finland Contract and the BBC site shows him as having signed a 2 yr contract in October 2005. Would he be interested - You would think ROI would be a step up from Finland - or is that just wishful thinking. 20/1 with Ladbrokes.

Only just:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=27275&rank=163

Advertisement