Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peep toe shoes and tights

• 23-11-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering what people's opinions are on wearing peep toe shoes and tights. I saw models on telly wearing black fish net style tights with red peep toe shoes and looked ok.

I bought a very dark green pair of peep toe shoes in Nine West I'm not really getting any wear out of them because I think I'll look like a hick if I wear them with tights!

I've attached a photo of them in dark brown

Advice please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cacamilis

im loving your peep toe shoes!! how much were they if u dont mind me asking? was looking for a pair for xmas!

And im not too sure about peep toe's with tights...... fish nets yes maybe possiblly... think its one of those trends that might eventually catch on! tis very cold to be wearing skirts/dresses this winter but why not try 3/4 lengths. always work for me even though they are last season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

thanks cacamills! I bought them in the states and they were about 40 dollars so no idea how much they'd be here! they were on sale over there. I'd say they'd about 60 here??? not sure though!

Gonna wear them out tonight with black skinny jeans - just not brave enough to don them with a pair of fishnets!

sorry, gettin all confused, they were about 60 dollars, so it worked out at about 40 euro on the old cc, but I reckon nine west shoes would be a little dearer here?? so add a few bob on

I'm just blabbering now...best bet is to try nine west! internerd seems to have them too. Very comfy by the way cos there's a nice platform on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

They would look really cool with tights! Especially fishnets.... go for it!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Yeah, they would look good with skinny jeans!!

But also with fishnets!!

They could also be worn with footless tights!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

You could definitely wear them with tights - fishnets or opaques. It used to be a bit of a no-no in the past but then you also had to match your bag and shoes, and fishnets were considered inappropriate.

http://www.stylefinder.com/celeb-style/default.aspx?id=80426

Diane Kruger is wearing tights with sandals here and it looks great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

absolutley you could. Ive a cute topshop pair and really only wear them with tights and i love it! love the shoes too..

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

You can get toeless tights now for peep toe shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

loving those peep-toes!!

you can definately get away with teaming them with fishnets! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

moco wrote: »
    You can get toeless tights now for peep toe shoes.

Firstly where can you get these!! been looking for some
    loving those peep-toes!!

you can definately get away with teaming them with fishnets! :D

Secondly, Hell yeah!! wear them with fishnets!!

• Advertisement

fishnets it is then! thanks guys! :)

I wanna know where can you get toeless tights too - how do they work??

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

dh2007 wrote: »
    fishnets it is then! thanks guys! :)

I wanna know where can you get toeless tights too - how do they work??

Marks and spensers do them. I think there is a loop that goes between your toes to keep them from creeping up your legs but I'm not sure.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Found a pic of these tights!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oooohh nooo not what I imagined at all..dont think i like those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Wouldn't bother with the toeless tights, I think it would look funny if your legs and feet were all covered up and your toes out - like you had huge holes in your tights. I'd just stick with normal tights, they look fab in that picture Faerie posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I've been having the same quandry, got a lovely pair of peeptoe shoes for a summer wedding and have been debating whether I'd get away with tights under them or not for Christmas, although I'd be looking for either black opaque or flesh coloured non-patterned tights (the dress I want to wear them with is patterned and would be too busy with fishnets or patterned tights).

I think you can get tights that don't have the "seam" at the toe, so they're not as visible and distracting IYKWIM. That's what I'm looking at doing anyway, just hope they don't end up loking gank :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

echosound wrote: »
    I think you can get tights that don't have the "seam" at the toe, so they're not as visible and distracting IYKWIM. That's what I'm looking at doing anyway, just hope they don't end up loking gank :)

Yes they are good actually because it's not really noticeable that you're wearing tights at all. I had a pair under sandals for a wedding last year and they were perfect. No seams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Heatons have gorgeous peephole shoes for 15euro in black just like those brown ones. I bought them the other day and have fallen in love with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

The picture of Diane Kruger shows her wearing strappy sandals...not peeptoes. The reason peeptoes look stupid with tights is because you only see a tiny bit of the tights and usually its that really obvious seam bit at the front. Im all for sandals like hers but I still think peeptoes should be bare or even like everyone is saying with fishnets because they wont be as obvious...id think carefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lyndy

Christene Aguilera

2005720826800829243_th.jpg

Victoria Beckham

2006136978102751832_th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

dirtydress wrote: »
    The picture of Diane Kruger shows her wearing strappy sandals...not peeptoes. The reason peeptoes look stupid with tights is because you only see a tiny bit of the tights and usually its that really obvious seam bit at the front. Im all for sandals like hers but I still think peeptoes should be bare or even like everyone is saying with fishnets because they wont be as obvious...id think carefully!

Well if you're going to be pedantic.....!

I think Jessica Alba looks great here, E might not agree but then they have terrible taste in fashion! I think it would look even better if the peep-toes were darker like the op's.
    http://www.eonline.com/fashion/fashionpolice/index.jsp?sid=nav-fashion#15390f7e-02ae-4191-9fd9-c11d2bf7bc96

I've seen a lot of celebrities and catwalk models wearing tights with peep-toes and it really looks great. I haven't seen too many people around Cork doing it but then Irish people aren't generally fashion-forward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I often wear tights with peep toes, I've seen lots of girls do it, esp with black tights....I wouldn't wear tights with sandals though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Peep toes and tights look very hot tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

The wife often wears peep toe shoes with her fishnet or seamed stockings! Looks very sexy!

tis all very confusing...

I think that if the peep toe is really small (like Christina Aguilera's and posh's) then it's ok but with my shoes the peep toe is actually quite big and you can see two toes (like jessica alba's). It looks great on her but I don't look like a supermodel so I'm still quite wary!

Plus the shoes are a really dark green and I reckon I need to have a dress with some green in it to wear them with tights to tie it all in - wearing the dark green shoes with black tights and then a black dress might look odd. Unless I accessorise in dark green??? what dya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

So you think tights and peep toes work? I wasn't too sure if they would. I got a pair of Louboutin shoes in Chicago during the summer. They are black peep toes (with the red sole naturally) and I love them but since the winter set in haven't really worn them because of the tights and toe issue.

well if I'd a pair of Louboutin shoes I'd be wearing them as much as I can so definitely wear them with tights! Plus the fact that they're black means that black tights definitely would look great...my prob was that my shoes are dark green and I didn't have the guts but I think that if I had Louboutin shoes you wouldn't be able to get me out of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I think you're thinking about it too much, just wear them with tights, it's better than not wearing them at all, I'm sure they'll look lovely.

well if I'd a pair of Louboutin shoes I'd be wearing them as much as I can so definitely wear them with tights! Plus the fact that they're black means that black tights definitely would look great...my prob was that my shoes are dark green and I didn't have the guts but I think that if I had Louboutin shoes you wouldn't be able to get me out of them!

Yes I LOVE my Louboutins and I got them (with the wonderful exchange rate) for nothing compared to the prices paid here. I am a bit of a shoe nut though, the number of pairs is rapidly making its way to 3 figures:o

• Advertisement

tis all very confusing...

I think that if the peep toe is really small (like Christina Aguilera's and posh's) then it's ok but with my shoes the peep toe is actually quite big and you can see two toes (like jessica alba's). It looks great on her but I don't look like a supermodel so I'm still quite wary!

Plus the shoes are a really dark green and I reckon I need to have a dress with some green in it to wear them with tights to tie it all in - wearing the dark green shoes with black tights and then a black dress might look odd. Unless I accessorise in dark green??? what dya think?

Upstairs in BTs they have a great selection of tights and have many cool pairs in a dark green colour. They call them Green Tea IIRC. They also have a really unusual pattern on them and have a great variety. Maybe you should check these out for your shoes. They sell for around €20.00 per pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

If you wear tan tights yea but get the invisable seem ones, you can get them in M&S i think they are called sandle toes.

I dont like peep toes in general(the dont suit me so i dont pay them any attention) but from the pictures shown (pay attention to the feet not whoes feet they are) they look great.

best thing for you to do is try them on with tights take a picture of your foot and post it here...

you'll get the most honest answers then

Advertisement