Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 games that didnt impress thread

• 23-11-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking even though 360 has released some cracking games, being honest there is a lot of games that are crap.

Feel free to add or agree.

VAMPIRE RAIN (prob the worst game I ever played)

CALL OF DUREZ (the western game)

JERICO

TIMESHIFT

That’s all I can think of right, but know there is a lot more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I was just thinking even though 360 has released some cracking games, being honest there is a lot of games that are crap.

Feel free to add or agree.

VAMPIRE RAIN (prob the worst game I ever played)

CALL OF DUREZ (the western game)

JERICO

TIMESHIFT

That’s all I can think of right, but know there is a lot more.

Juarez.... The game you talked about sounds like a mix of Duty and Juarez

And yes, what little I've played of those has been pants. But I prefer to focus on the positive, since poor games have no effect on my budget or gaming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Fight Night Round 3 (bought it ssecond hand and thought it was crap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That flying game...damn, what was it called.....not Blazing Angels, the present day one....

Over G!

Stank something awfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Just Cause and TDU

Just Cause while not horrendous was very under whelming and i did think TDU as a driving game was crap

The Battlefield game that came out for the 360

PES 2008 demo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

brianon wrote: »
    Fight Night Round 3 (bought it ssecond hand and thought it was crap)

Are you mad?

FNR3 is class!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Darkness was absolute rubbish. It was well presented and some of the art was good but it was just a terrible game with the worst enemy AI I've ever encountered. The story was complete pish as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

*sets himself up for a backlash*

OverLord

*Cowers into corner*...

I just did not like this game. And dont get me started on PES 2008.. And UEFA Champions League. Pointless pointless game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dead Rising. Couldn't get into it.

Gears of War... I dunno, just seemed ... stiff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Gears of War was complete Pants !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i loved the darkness, but it had the worst online i have ever played.

i also didnt like lost planet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Soarer wrote: »
    Are you mad?

FNR3 is class!

Yeah, I loving it at the moment, picked it up 2nd hand as well =)

Games that didn't impress

Battlefield 2
    Ridge Racer 6
    PES 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »

Aye, I just couldn't get into Dead Rising at all, which is a shame seeing as it was the main reason I got a 360 in the first place...
    GoW and Lost Planet were great though (albeit in a play through them once and never return kind of way...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mr E wrote: »

If by stiff you mean sh1t, then yes I agree :p

Halo 3, Dear Rising, Saints Row, Crackdown, Just Cause, Tenchu Z, Far Cry, DiRT, American Wasteland, Over G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    If by stiff you mean sh1t, then yes I agree :p

Halo 3, Dear Rising, Saints Row, Crackdown, Just Cause, Tenchu Z, Far Cry, DiRT, American Wasteland, Over G.

Ah here! Crackdown and Saints Row are class. I absolutely agree on Gears Of War though. Pure sheeeite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Halo 3 isn't that bad, I'm no Halo fan but some people just seem to love hating it because everyone over-hyped it like mad. Dead rising isn't a bad game at all, for what it is, mindless violence it plays quite well. Saints Row wasn't too bad either, not a bad copy of GTA at all. Crackdown on its first 10 hours or so is a brilliant game. DiRT is a good game too, nothing wrong with it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I think Halo3 is a vast improvement in the series but we cant really argue if it didn't impress Kenny, must take a lot to impress him though ;)

I thought Halo was way over hyped and couldn't even bring myself to finish 2 but 3 (while I have not finished it, it destroyed my save game, I will be finsihing it at a lan on saturday week) was a definite improvement and the level design was a vast improvement. On my 360/TV combo though the lack of AA made it look second rate though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

pro evo 08
    dead rising
    just cause
    call of juarez
    saints row
    crackdown
    the GRAW games
    fight night
    kameo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Vegeta wrote: »
    I think Halo3 is a vast improvement in the series but we cant really argue if it didn't impress Kenny, must take a lot to impress him though ;)

Yore ma........ :D Just kidding, I just wasn't impressed by those games tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yore ma........ :D Just kidding, I just wasn't impressed by those games tbh.

what didn't you like about GoW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From what i've played:

Halo 3: very unimpressive single player campaign. If it wasn't for Live, it would have been binned!
    Dead Rising: could never get into it either. Awkward to control and voice acting was dire.
    Gears Of War: too easy apart from the final boss (can't recall his name but quite a step up from the rest of the game). Far too short too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Gears of War? Are you people crazy?! It had one of the best co-op modes in memory. It was a bit short but I had hardly put it in the "didn't impress" category.

Halo 3 single-player was underwhelming though. Multiplayer is where Master Chief lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Helix wrote: »
    pro evo 08
    dead rising
    just cause
    call of juarez
    saints row
    crackdown
    the GRAW games
    fight night
    kameo

Dead Rising was great fun, Saints Row was a welcome change from the rest of the games that were out at the time. Crackdown got boring real fast, GRAW games were brilliant! and Kameo was good, especially for kids. Haven't played the rest.
    Remind me to buy any game you don't like ;)

mcgovern wrote: »
    Dead Rising was great fun, Saints Row was a welcome change from the rest of the games that were out at the time. Crackdown got boring real fast, GRAW games were brilliant! and Kameo was good, especially for kids. Haven't played the rest.
    Remind me to buy any game you don't like ;)

tbh i just cants stand those 3ps shooter type games, theyre mind numbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Dirt. I loved the demo. Then I played the full game and it didn't feel the same.
    Assassins Creed. First hour is good. Then you just do the same thing over and over again.
    PES 08. Only slightly upgraded from the last version.

ah man i loooooove dirt

so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Perfect Dark Zero
    I found DOA 4 unimpressive as was Farcry instincts predator

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

NHL '07 - Got it really cheap on e-bay but it was terrible. Not a patch on NHL '93.

At least I got €25 for it in trade in for PES 2008 (which is great in my opinion, dispite what people are saying in this thread.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Darkness - such a mess. Good example of why every game shouldn't have a multiplayer. Imagine how much better it would have been had the developers not wasted their time on it and just focused on the SP.

COD3 - the MP was ok but the SP was buggy crap, stupid cutscenes, etc. Thank god Infinity Ward came back for COD4.

Halo 3 SP - every time I even think about that second last level I want to find every member of the Bungie team that designed it so I can torture them to death. Worst level in video game history.
    Helix wrote:
    ah man i loooooove dirt

so good

I really like Dirt as well. Not perfect but at least it wasn't tedious as Forza became after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

One game no one else has mentioned, DOAX 2, my god is that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

1. Just cause

2. Test drive unlimited

3. E4

4. Quake 4

5. Tomb Raider Legend

6. Two worlds that game was ****e

Advertisement