Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 games that didnt impress thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Halo 3 SP - every time I even think about that second last level I want to find every member of the Bungie team that designed it so I can torture them to death. Worst level in video game history.

So, so true. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Big Pro Evo fan, hated 2008.

Lost Planet was terrible as was Saints Row

And although Assassins Creed is good it is nowhere near as good as the hype its been receiving. Terrible ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

conjamuk wrote: »
    1. Just cause

2. Test drive unlimited

3. E4

4. Quake 4

5. Tomb Raider Legend

6. Two worlds that game was ****e

Test Drive is brilliant!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dead Rising - one of the worst games I ever played in my life, absolutely hated it, and I was so looking forward to it.

Halo 3 - rubbish single player, that level towards the end where there are millions of the flood to wade through drove me particularly insane - the multiplayer is alright tho

Staints Row - played the demo, hated it, deleted it.

Far Cry Instincts - rubbish

GRAW - hated it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Dead Rising was just awfull - it seemed to want to punish you for playing it.

Fear
    Lost Planet
    Quake4
    The Darkness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Oh yeah. Forgot about Lost Planet. That was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

GRAW 2.
    PES6. Liked it but got frustrating with no ability for transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 oBEAVISo

For me i guess it was

The outfit (worst game i have played)
    The darkness
    and hour of victory

there are a few more but they were that bad i cant remember them.

""COME CHECK THIS OUT GUYS""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Halo 3

ps oBEAVISo: reported for continuous spamming of your site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

oBEAVISo wrote: »
    For me i guess it was

The outfit (worst game i have played)
    The darkness
    and hour of victory

there are a few more but they were that bad i cant remember them.

""COME CHECK THIS OUT GUYS""

Enough already. One more post that contains a link to your site (other than in your signature) and I will ban you from the Games Category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I thought Dead Rising was OK, it had the awkward Japanese menus to navigate but it's a challenge to complete it, a good hard game.

Did any of you who hate it actually finish it, I'd say a good few thought it was too hard.
    DIRT is cool too, great to play.

REAL BAD
    Just Cause - returned after a few days
    FN3
    Nearly every EA game is sh!te actualy to be honest don't bother with them.
    Condemned
    Saints Row was a little annoying but not totally crap

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Gears of War. Despite it getting 10/10s everywhere (including a rare one from Games TM magazine) I must admit I think it's bollocks.
    It's a game that wishes it was Resident Evil 4. The graphics might be (slightly) better, but it falls flat on its face in every other department compared to RE4 - story, pacing, characters, bosses, combat, art direction, set pieces, choice of weapons (including shot-gun satifyability - shotgun in Gears is a piece of ****e).

Gears was a chore towards the end, just as wlel it's also a piss-short game. I thought General Raam was gonna be some mid game boss. Turned out he was the end game one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

jayteecork wrote: »
    Gears of War. Despite it getting 10/10s everywhere (including a rare one from Games TM magazine) I must admit I think it's bollocks.
    It's a game that wishes it was Resident Evil 4. The graphics might be (slightly) better, but it falls flat on its face in every other department compared to RE4 - story, pacing, characters, bosses, combat, art direction, set pieces, choice of weapons (including shot-gun satifyability - shotgun in Gears is a piece of ****e).

Gears was a chore towards the end, just as wlel it's also a piss-short game. I thought General Raam was gonna be some mid game boss. Turned out he was the end game one.

SLIGHTLY better graphics than RE4?

youre either ray charles or playing it on a 15 inch portable SD tv i assume.

Tbh id rate GOW easily up with RE4. RE4 is classic but its story drags on too long and the best part is the opening in the village area. They shouldve halved the castle level. Gears may have been short but it was (driving section aside) constantly enjoyable. Annnnnnnyway...

TDU: got traded in after those failing yet another ****ing annoying hitch hiker mission
    FEAR: traded in after an hours play. looks like a dogs dinner and about as scary as the partridge family.
    Viva pinata: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING
    Cod4: meh. seen it all before.

Have the PC version of FEAR and didn't bother finishing it.
    Every bloody battle is the game. It's fun charging in with 2 guns in slow mo mode at the start, but after doing it 300 times It's begins to become ever so slightly boring.

As for the graphics of RE4 v Gears of War. Let's just say when I threw the disc into the Gamecube I was blown away. I certainly wasn't with GOW.
    And my TV might be SD, but it's about 22 inches or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

And my TV might be SD, but it's about 22
    inches or something.

You can't comment on GOWs graphic playing on a standard T.V. of any size, let alone something that small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I loved Gears to be honest. The darkness sucked doneky dick alright with its goddamn glitchy MP. Halo3 is great fun co-op but man the halo storylines are dire. Its the exact same story for every single game! with the only variance as to being whether you're trying to stop one halo or all the halos. Pah!

Jip wrote: »
    You can't comment on GOWs graphic playing on a standard T.V. of any size, let alone something that small.

lol. Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tauren wrote: »
    That flying game...damn, what was it called.....not Blazing Angels, the present day one....

Over G!

Stank something awfull.

All depends on how u looked at it..it's still better than the Ace combat series..now they're pants..point trigger and shoot...
    At least Over G makes an attempt at being a sim which it doesn't quite pull off but it's a lot better than any other plane sim out there on console...
    as for crap games? Assassin's Creed/Bullet Witch/Crackdown

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have nothing bad said about Viva Pinata, it's excellent.

I agree that GoW is far from 10/10 territory but it's far from bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Well, he does have a point, you'll probably be surprised how much better GoW looks when you try it on a HDTV, it really does look great.

The best thing about Gears is co-op, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did if it wasn't for the co-op.

Also, everyone in this thread is crazy, Dead Rising kicks ass.

For me, off the top of my head, Overlord and Saints Row, it's not that they're bad games, they just didn't "click" for me. I think I'll give Overlord another try when I'm done with my current games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

brianon wrote: »
    Fight Night Round 3 (bought it ssecond hand and thought it was crap)

If you want to get rid of it, let me know, feckin class game :D

Games that didn't impress me...

HALO 3 & PES2008 is doing my head in online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dead Rising and Viva Pinata bad games?
    You people have no soul.

Both are brilliant and have eaten many hours of my life and both have massive replay value.

For me F.E.A.R was a horror of a game.
    3, count them, 3 tpes of enemys
    The same generic office block in every level.
    Pooe weapon design and the stingiest acheivements ever.

What fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah I'd been waiting a year to play FEAR (had no console or PC) and when I finally did I was little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting to much but it got boring after a couple of hours of slow-mo against the same marines in the same environments.

Also Assassin's Creed is a bit of let down. It has poor combat and feels unfinished.

Still waiting on play.com to get stock back in on Dead Rising. I've been waiting like 3 weeks, it's still stuck on "temporarily out of stock".
    Still, I'll wait, 14.99 sterling is as cheap as I've found, tis like 43 euro on cdwow.
    I'll play anything by Capcom with zombies in it to be honest, especially now that RE5 has been put back to 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

lol. Whatever.

hes right, the difference between SD and HD is staggering. I remember going from sd to hd, and playing dead rising in hd was like a different game. That was the moment i realised how good the 360 was, til then, i thought 'jeez, these arent much more impressive than ps2 games...'

But yeah anyone saying the darkness and dead rising are just wrong. Both classics, the darkness is deffo in my top games of the year. Excellent story, excellent acting, and sure it wasnt perfect, but it tried new things and was alot of fun. Cant wait for the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Still waiting on play.com to get stock back in on Dead Rising. I've been waiting like 3 weeks, it's still stuck on "temporarily out of stock".
    Still, I'll wait, 14.99 sterling is as cheap as I've found, tis like 43 euro on cdwow.
    I'll play anything by Capcom with zombies in it to be honest, especially now that RE5 has been put back to 2009.

Have you actually ordered it on play?
    They generally wouldn't restock something unless somebody has it ordered.

I was really looking forward to Dead Rising, but it did nothing for me... a huge disappointment after Resi 4:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

0ubliette wrote: »
    But yeah anyone saying the darkness and dead rising are just wrong. Both classics, the darkness is deffo in my top games of the year. Excellent story, excellent acting, and sure it wasnt perfect, but it tried new things and was alot of fun. Cant wait for the sequel.

What story? I'm going to kill my uncle his mate because he wants me dead and did bad things to me. I've also gotten a bad dose of some tentacles. I'll give you the good voice acting but the actual game and shooting was just atrocious. There was no AI just artificial stupidity in the enemies. The darklings did a great job of getting stuck in scenery but never managed to kill anyone. It was no fun to play and no amount of decent acting will make that better.

Loved dead rising myself. You people need an injection of taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Don't have much games myself nor have I played a lot of 360 games. Impressed so far tbh.

Loving GoW atm tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im pretty disappointed in kane and lynch..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll have to buy a HD tv so, probably get an ALBA one for a couple of ton.
    Yeah I've ordered Dead Rising about 2 weeks ago. Just says "order placed" on the "my orders" page whereas the game page says "temporarily out of stock".

They've just posted the new Blade Runner tin out of me a week early mind you. Looks bloody awesome.
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1060499/Blade-Runner-The-Final-Cut-Ultimate-Collector-Tin-Edition/Product.html

Advertisement