Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 games that didnt impress thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

i cant belive it took 27 posts for someone to say Perfect Dark Zero! an insult to the N64 version.

Hour Of Victory, lol!

The early EA Sports games, FIFA 06 RTFWC, NBA Live 06 and Madden 06.

But i would say, X-Men 3 The Movie Game tops the lot, pile of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll have nothing bad said about Viva Pinata, it's excellent.

I agree with retro Viva Pinata was great fun. Thought saints row was awful, bad GTA imitation. I add test drive to the heap too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead Rising was the biggest disapointment for me. Sure, occasionally fun, but 90% of the game was an irksome struggle to either get from point A to B within a certain time limit, or trying to get back to that ****ing security room to save the game. Dreadful, game ruining mistakes.

Most of the big games haven't disapointed. I suppose Spiderman 3 was another one which had a hell of a lot of possibility, but ended up as inferior remake of part 2 with some minor graphical updates.

BioShock, Orange Box, GoW and others I thought completely lived up to the hype though, and in many case surpassed expectations. Even Halo 3 (of which I was ready to rip apart even before release) turned out to be an improvement over the previous two installments IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

jayteecork wrote: »
    Looks like I'll have to buy a HD tv so, probably get an ALBA one for a couple of ton.
    Yeah I've ordered Dead Rising about 2 weeks ago
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1060499/Blade-Runner-The-Final-Cut-Ultimate-Collector-Tin-Edition/Product.html

Your eyes will not thank you for playing dead Rising on SD. The text is near unreadable on a SD set (and you won't learn to hate Otis as much.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Get yourself a HDTV man, the are getting cheaper by the day!!

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/647080/art/altus/al-26lx-l89b-lcd-televisi.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

DONT buy a cheap one though.The established brands are falling at the same rate as the cheapos

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

SO if I got a HD TV, do I need to pop out and buy special Xbox HD leads, or do they already come supplied with the pro syste,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Halo3, Lost planet and tenchu z. Been playing fps's since wolfenstein, i could never understand the buzz around the halo series. Tenchu , proof that a sh1te storyline with little or no cutscenes can ruin a great game series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

jayteecork wrote: »
    SO if I got a HD TV, do I need to pop out and buy special Xbox HD leads, or do they already come supplied with the pro syste,?

It comes with Component but its light and day again from Component to VGA cable so its worth getting either HDMI or VGA connection depending on your TV and 360.

I'd go with 5ms response time on tv or lower. I have a 5ms response time. Other than that I'd mostly worry about the inputs unless you are going over 38" or so, most of the known name brands (ie. recongised for producing quality HDTV sets) will be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I got Kane & Lynch the weekend and completed it on normal in 5 Hours. I think its by far one of the worst games on the 360 this year(maybe ever). Anyone else think so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

FEAR: just got bored of drudging around the same old warehouse,office block,sewer again and again
    GRAW: really liked the first 2 on the xbox, I think all these advanced weapons are too boring.

have to say I didnt like gow for the first couple of hours, but once I got the hang of the cover system really enjoyed it. After bioshock its probably the best looking game on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

people clearly have ridiculously high expectations

if gow underwhelemed :( imo it was the beginning of proper next gen titles. that game LOOKS amazing. fps games arnt hard if you are any way decent. They never are.

Dead rising. I popped that back in my machine started playing it again and think its gr8 craic, one day nxt week gna sit down and get achievements on 1 play, the 54,000 zombies, cant wait :)

think we are getting so spoiled our expectations are hard to meet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Halo 3.

It was good but not as good as the 4 years or so of hype made it out to be.

I expected better multiplayer maps. Surprise of the year Orange Box. Didn't know anything about it until it was releasing and my god what a load of goodies. TF2 is incredible if you have two decent teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

brim4brim wrote: »
    Halo 3.

It was good but not as good as the 4 years or so of hype made it out to be.

I expected better multiplayer maps. Surprise of the year Orange Box. Didn't know anything about it until it was releasing and my god what a load of goodies. TF2 is incredible if you have two decent teams.

Will you stop going on about TF2 and go out and get a proper muti player game!! Call of Duty 4!!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

halo3 : landfall :P

i guess halo single player dissapointed me no end. I'd never played a halo game and got this and it was very dissapointed. Could not understand how this game was "groundbreaking" and why people qued up all night, halo series never impressed me.

MP is pretty fun alright have to say i enjoy it no end.

GoW online was dissapointing, i look at it as a fancy doom, its just shotguns and nothing else, bullet reg seems to be terrible , aka ****e.

Otherwise havnt played a bad game in my collection tbh, havnt being dissapointed to a big extent. Although ive many games i dont play much

forza 2, pgr3 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

halo3 : landfall :P

i guess halo single player dissapointed me no end. I'd never played a halo game and got this and it was very dissapointed. Could not understand how this game was "groundbreaking" and why people qued up all night, halo series never impressed me.

I will say on the original xbox playing Halo was very impressive for me. I had never played such an advanced FPS in terms of AI and graphics. Level design was very lacking and I still don't know wtf the story is???

To this day no games AI has made the same impression on me

Advertisement