Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Modem, advice

Options
  • 23-11-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    My sis lives in the sticks of the sticks and recently got a laptop. The only way she can get BB is by getting a 3G modem from one of the mobile operators Vodafone, O2 or 3.
    There are threads everywhere about these but too many to give a proper perspective on the pros / cons of each operator.
    Anybody got some short sharp words of wisdom as to which one to go for?

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not really broadband. There maybe other alternatives.
    The 3G is really intended for MOBILE INTERNET, not fixed Broadband.

It depends on your needs, location etc as to which is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I know its not real broadband, but because of her location it really is the only option. She'll only need it for browsing really so it would suit her.
    She's in coverage of all three operators, was just wanting to weigh up the basic pros and cons really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Avoid 3 like the plague, see sticky thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

What part of the sticks is she in hamsterboy?

Boolabawn, Davaidstown. Off the main Enniscorthy to Clonroche road.

• Advertisement

I may be able to help. I provide broadband in that area. I'm not guaranteeing it though as some parts in that direction are black spots for me.

Hey Zippy.
    It would be cool if you could send on some prices / coverage areas and I could get in touch with ye re: connection.
    Does your company have a name or are you freelance?

The company name is Networks & Wireless. My coverage area is Caim/Courtnacuddy/Davidstown and surrounding areas with line of sight. I don't cover any other areas in the country. I'll PM you with pricing.

Advertisement