Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola V8 RAZR (Meteor) - Annoying SMS alert beep! Help!!

• 23-11-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Motorola V8 RAZR on Meteor bill pay. It's a nice phone, very solidly built and I generally like it. However, when it receives a SMS message or any other type of message it will beep every couple of mins until it is read.

I have tried everything to turn of this "feature" but, I can't seem to get it to shut up.

It's extremely annoying as there are times when I might get a text, know that I have it but not be in a position to read it e.g. during a meeting, at work, etc. I don't mind the single text alert beep when the message actually comes in but, I really don't need my phone to beep at me every few mins to nag me into reading it..

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know as I am going to see if I can change to a different model otherwise and I do actually find the phone great from a design point of view and the sound quality is outstanding too.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I had a motorolla with this feature, I think al motorolla's have it. Can you not just acknowledge the mms or put the phone on silent.

It's very handy if you put your phone down, miss a call and don't realize you've missed it. I wish my nokia had this feature.

Don't think you can turn it off. I never came across the option. You could adjust you phone's 'meeting' profile to mute wanring tones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It seems you can only adjust the Alert volume from 1 to 7, there is no option to silence it completely :(

I can why it might be a useful feature in certain circumstances, but it should be possible to turn it off!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

go into ringing settings as if changing the ringtone and down at bottom of the menu should be an option of "reminders" set this to off should sort it out
    you can probably also set it to vibrate?

Advertisement