Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas on how this effect was achieved?

Options
  • 23-11-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm far from being a graphic artist, but can anyone suggest how the pencil scribble effect was achieved in this image?
    47819.png

Thanks,
    ct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'm sure with a bit of time you could get it perfect but this is pretty close...

effectzj0.png

1. do your text and apply a layer style with 0% fill and an outer glow with the colour you want. Make the glow "dissolve" blend mode.

2. select you text and invert the selection. Apply a motion blur with the angle and strength you want.

3. Make a few different layers from the text layer with slightly different variations of the above to get the effect you looking for.

slightly blur it, use a large texture brush to erase some of it (about 40% flow) and basically just play around with it and you'll get it right.

PS. I'm no pro either so there is probably a much easier way!! This took 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 45 555

Scotty, that is incredible! Did you use Photoshop?

ct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Yup... should have added between 1 and 2 that you need to rasterize the layer style... do this by creating a blank layer and then merging the two.

Advertisement