Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League and cup clashes in 2008 - please read before booking flights!

Options
  • 23-11-2007 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

All that's left is the league now, and with most of the season's TV matches (up to 28th April) already announced our fixtures are pretty concrete. Only our last two games remain to be confirmed as TV games or not, but last day of the season all games are a 3pm kick off.

16th Mar PL Man City vs Spurs
    22nd Mar PL Spurs vs Portsmouth
    30th Mar PL Spurs vs Newcastle
    5th April PL Blackburn vs Spurs
    12th April PL Spurs vs Middlesbrough
    19th April PL Wigan vs Spurs
    26th April PL Spurs vs Bolton
    3rd May PL Reading vs Spurs
    11th May PL Spurs vs Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I guess I am not sure how to handle this. I am planing to go over for the Spammers game on the 8th of march and as indicated this could be effected by the FA Cup and the EUFA Cup games. I could re-schedule the flight and Hotel, but when do the tickets go on sale for the Spammers game (for a one hotspur member?) and will I know about the EUFA and FA Cup fixtures by then so I can make a decision?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    I guess I am not sure how to handle this. I am planing to go over for the Spammers game on the 8th of march and as indicated this could be effected by the FA Cup and the EUFA Cup games. I could re-schedule the flight and Hotel, but when do the tickets go on sale for the Spammers game (for a one hotspur member?) and will I know about the EUFA and FA Cup fixtures by then so I can make a decision?:(

Pretty much the reason I posted the list, sorry it wasn't in time for you.

You'll know our FA Cup fate at the latest by the 17th feb.
    You'll kow our UEFA Cup fate at the latest by the 21st Feb.

Of course, we could be out of both well before then...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

And of course all games are subject to change for TV reasons at short notice.
    Especialy towards the end of the season.

It's a real mine field trying to sort out a game after the new year.
    Liverpool is a banker for the last day, and won't be moved but the rest is anyones guess.

Speaking od games in the new year mate, are you doing Sunderland in January? Got a mate who'll take your ticket if not.

Speaking od games in the new year mate, are you doing Sunderland in January? Got a mate who'll take your ticket if not.

50/50 at the moment mate - I'll know for sure next week.

• Advertisement

No bother kid.

Pretty much the reason I posted the list, sorry it wasn't in time for you.

You'll know our FA Cup fate at the latest by the 17th feb.
    You'll kow our UEFA Cup fate at the latest by the 21st Feb.

Of course, we could be out of both well before then...;)
    And do we know when tickets go on sale for One Hotspur members? I assume knowing my luck it is well before the 21st!

And do we know when tickets go on sale for One Hotspur members? I assume knowing my luck it is well before the 21st!

On sale dates all on official site, but usually six weeks before the sceduled fixture.

On sale dates all on official site, but usually six weeks before the sceduled fixture.
    But when it says "members" does that also mean One Hotspur, I thought we were kind of last on the members priority list or something. I guess either way it is well before the 21st of February so I am screwed, unless we go out earlier, which I don't think we will!

But when it says "members" does that also mean One Hotspur, I thought we were kind of last on the members priority list or something. I guess either way it is well before the 21st of February so I am screwed, unless we go out earlier, which I don't think we will!

Disregard the three tiers of memebrship that apply to season ticket holders, they already have a seat for home league games!

When they say members sale for home league games, they mean Bronze and Lilywhite members.

The sticky for ticket office news has the onsale dates, for cup games I list the priority period for ST holders before the onsale date for ordinary members. For league games there's no need, as explained above.

• Advertisement

Disregard the three tiers of memebrship that apply to season ticket holders, they already have a seat for home league games!

When they say members sale for home league games, they mean Bronze and Lilywhite members.

The sticky for ticket office news has the on sale dates, for cup games I list the priority period for ST holders before the on sale date for ordinary members. For league games there's no need, as explained above.

So basically I can go with the date of Monday January 28th and get 3 other members on line with me that day to try and get the tickets all together? I guess this is the only way to try and get 4 tickets as I can only get one ticket on the day, and waiting for the guest period could be too late, plus we wouldn't get seats together anyway!:confused:

So basically I can go with the date of Monday January 28th and get 3 other members on line with me that day to try and get the tickets all together?

First off, make sure you have created an online account on One Hotspur.

Go here and click on the Activate One Hotspur Account option. You'll need your client reference number and surname for the next page.
    Note: To purchase an item on behalf of another club member, click the 'Assign' button next to the item. You will then be asked to provide their Client Reference Number and surname before being able to make the purchase.

Please note: In order to purchase an item on behalf of another club member, you must ensure that they have already registered for their online ticketing account, as their Client Reference Number and surname will be required.

That means that you can buy four tickets in one transaction (the ONLY way you'll get four together if buying online, as you no longer get to choose what row/seat you sit in) but each member will need to have activated their online One Hotspur account. Once they all do that, you'll need their reference number and surname.

You select the number of tickets you require, then on the next page you get to assign the extra tickets to each of your friends accounts.

Hope that helps.

p.s. yes, the published date for home league games for members is always the date that applies to you.

First off, make sure you have created an online account on One Hotspur.

Go here and click on the Activate One Hotspur Account option. You'll need your client reference number and surname for the next page.

That means that you can buy four tickets in one transaction (the ONLY way you'll get four together if buying online, as you no longer get to choose what row/seat you sit in) but each member will need to have activated their online One Hotspur account. Once they all do that, you'll need their reference number and surname.

You select the number of tickets you require, then on the next page you get to assign the extra tickets to each of your friends accounts.

Hope that helps.

p.s. yes, the published date for home league games for members is always the date that applies to you.

Brilliant, thanks mate!!!

Updated a bit.

Updated a bit.
    In what way?

In what way?

In that I've updated the fixture list.

In that I've updated the fixture list.
    Oh right OK thanks - it is looking slimmer and slimmer that I will see the Spammers match - what with FA and Euro cup dates - I guess there is a possibility I could see it on Sunday as I will still be in town?

Well, I may be in luck after all (well just for not losing money anyway) - for me to miss the match, we need to beat Reading away, then ManUr away, and then win the next draw in the FA Cup. In the Carling we need to beat the Arse - and the Euro is on the 4th and 5th, so I say worse case senerio is I will see them on Sunday instead if we beat Slavia and PSV!

Updated again, things become much clearer once the domestic cups are out of the way!!! Also helped by so many PL fallers in the FA Cup.

Updated again, things become much clearer once the domestic cups are out of the way!!! Also helped by so many PL fallers in the FA Cup.

I assume the Sat 8th March fixture is still in doubt - I guess the possible outcome could be either it is played on Sunday the 9th of March, or the Uefa game is played on the Wednesday the 5th of March, or they just postpone the Spammers game till later in the year? I am going to London anyway, all is booked, I will be there on Sunday so would still see the game if that scenario pans out. What do you think is the most likely scenario based on past experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

s**t, have only seen this list now and about a half dozen of us have booked flights
    for the bolton game on 26th april,we could be in the eufa cup semi on the 24th, that would prob mean that the bolton game could be moved to sunday.

tippspur wrote: »
    s**t, have only seen this list now and about a half dozen of us have booked flights
    for the bolton game on 26th april,we could be in the eufa cup semi on the 24th, that would prob mean that the bolton game could be moved to sunday.

Plus, if we're out and Bolton reach the semis the same will happen.

Well worth staying over on the Saturday of the Bolton weekend.

Well, if you're a rock and roller anyway - Stairway to Zeppelin are playing in Edmonton on the Saturday night. That's where I'll be regardless of when the game is !!

Cups are all finished for us and our opponents now, and with TV games until the end of April announced there's only the Reading game which is yet to be confirmed.

Advertisement